Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sliders ... Need your help

Old 08-21-2007, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sliders ... Need your help

I'm about done building out Phase I on my Jeep. It's great so far. Just need to get the lift on (coming soon), a winch (no rush right now), and some sliders to replace my side steps (here's the problem).

Which sliders do you recommend? I'm partial to Shrockworks right now. I like that they bolt to the frame, vice the body. I used to like the Teraflex aluminum sliders (still do, based on looks and a demo I saw of them in action) - but, I got turned off to them because I understand they require some drilling into the body - Not Cool for me.

There are others out there - Warn, Olympic, etc..., that appear to be similar to the schrockworks, but they look like they mount to the body, not the frame.

Is it that big a deal to mount to the body (for example, Pure Jeep)?

Someone educate me on this, please!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

I personally like the **** sliders.......they are a bit $$ but they cover the nasty pinch weld that most show and dont hang down and actually turn into something to get hung up on........nice clean lines that should be pretty easy to slide over obstacles. Even looks like the ****s have some frame reinforcement as well as being attached to the body.I had the currie sliders that just bolted onto the body on my TJ and I beat the hell out of them and they held up fine and were out of the way. Ive just never been a fan of the frame mounted square tube sliders like the shrokworks because even though they do a great job of protecting the Jeep, they hang down a few more inches than body mounted sliders do....

Here are a few pics of the **** ones.....

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-18-2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Sorry but the company being discussed has been black listed from this forum
Old 08-21-2007, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Shrockworks is the way to go...

Do a search...there is tons of info on them...
Old 08-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2. I'm really happy with my Shrockworks rails.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I went with Warn

Besides being the only one available right away, these are pretty sturdy and took a hard hit this Saturday while wheeling. No problems! Plus they sit high up and you lose no clearance!

Quick Reply: Sliders ... Need your help