Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Slow Rear Diff leak

Old 03-28-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kflash
While I was rotating tires today, I noticed a wet area and drip at the front diff cover. I checked the botton 3 bolts and found them to be loose. I tightened them and hope that takes care of things. Gave a quick squirt of fluid in the fill hole to make up for the little that was lost.
Good luck.

My pos solid covers leak EVERYTIME they just graze a rock. Always have loose bolts too.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seer1
Call David at http://northridge4x4.com/ He'll fix you right up. I don't see how catching the lip of a quality diff cover is going to cause it to leak. It's gotta be yet another good reason not to use RTV down there.
I used a lubelocker on my last diff fluid chang and liked it. It is alittle pricey but it sure was a quality gasket. It seemed one would really have to screw up torqing the bolts to have the diff leak afterwards.

Question: Has anyone reused a lubelocker? I know the best thing would be to use a new one each time, but just wondering if anyone, maybe on the trail, reused one with success.

Quick Reply: Slow Rear Diff leak