Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smitty XRC Arrrggghhh

Old 09-24-2012, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jvandy50
And I got it all on now. Hopefully it'll hold that 35 and not rattle open anymore. They sent a new pin and bracket. I don't know if the pin was needed, but they sent it so I changed em out. It's harder to shut now, gotta use both hands and lift a little on the swing, but it's much tighter when latched so I will be happy as long as it stays shut! Thanks again fellas

Attachment 258698

Attachment 258699
I wondered where that went.....nothing in my instructions......geez.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jvandy50
after a couple months mine was bumping the tub on the passenger side...tightened the 4 bolts through the frame again and it stopped. that'd be where i looked first. and that $20 bracket that smitty sent me has stopped any looseness i had with the latch. i think the way it's designed, it's inevitable it'll become loose over time with wear.

Did they have the balls to charge you 20 bucks for a bracket that fixes a poor design??
Old 09-24-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ekms377
I wondered where that went.....nothing in my instructions......geez.
oh so they did send it with the bumper? if you have problems putting it on holler at me
Old 09-24-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tvernon
Did they have the balls to charge you 20 bucks for a bracket that fixes a poor design??
no they just sent it to me, no questions asked. but i did google the PN and it's online for $20
Old 09-24-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Newbie

No instructions in mine either last week. Good think this thread has pics. I did not get a new pin though. Mine is worn almost half way through. How did you get the old one out?
Old 09-24-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Patriotjk
No instructions in mine either last week. Good think this thread has pics. I did not get a new pin though. Mine is worn almost half way through. How did you get the old one out?
take the handle off with an allen wrench and i believe it'll slide out. may hafta persuade it with a mallot and some lube if it's gunked up. i didn't need a new pin, but put it on since they included it. would have been perfectly fine to use the original

Quick Reply: Smitty XRC Arrrggghhh