Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt Atlas Rear Bumper with Bushwacker Flat Flares & RH License Plate Relo

Old 11-12-2014, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks man. It looks great. I've got to do something as I know it's just a matter of time before I get nabbed.

So I readjusted the carrier and it fits better now. No rattles except over a huge bump in the road. It did indeed level me out but Smittys site seems to underestimate the 110lb weight. Who knows. I do want the latch to not take as much force but it's ok...got an email into Smitty now.

I know people bag on Smittybilt but I've been extremely pleased with their bumpers and side armor. The bit of trail side hit so far, it's all held up well.

I'll get some pics up of mine with the new bumper and fenders.

Oh...last question. Did the relo kit come with a plug or something for the stock license plate mount? If not, what'd you use.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
Thanks man. It looks great. I've got to do something as I know it's just a matter of time before I get nabbed.

So I readjusted the carrier and it fits better now. No rattles except over a huge bump in the road. It did indeed level me out but Smittys site seems to underestimate the 110lb weight. Who knows. I do want the latch to not take as much force but it's ok...got an email into Smitty now.

I know people bag on Smittybilt but I've been extremely pleased with their bumpers and side armor. The bit of trail side hit so far, it's all held up well.

I'll get some pics up of mine with the new bumper and fenders.

Oh...last question. Did the relo kit come with a plug or something for the stock license plate mount? If not, what'd you use.
The kit comes with the license plate mount and connector.
http://www.northridge4x4.com/rock-ha...telite-package
Old 11-12-2014, 08:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmueller

The kit comes with the license plate mount and connector.
http://www.northridge4x4.com/rock-ha...telite-package
I bought a license plate delete plastic cover plate which snaps in place where the stock license plate cutout is. Around $20.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:10 AM
Huk
JK Newbie

For your question on the latch wearing in:
My latch needed the double washer trick. You can see where the wear marks are now and if you look close you can see the corners of the striker are worn from before adding the washer. At that time it was hard to actuate.
Latch works fine now. No issues.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1187956226.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	584156  
Old 11-13-2014, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Awesome! Thanks a ton.

Ordering the plate relo/light combo and picking up a washer or two today!

Quick Reply: Smittybilt Atlas Rear Bumper with Bushwacker Flat Flares & RH License Plate Relo