Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt synthetic winch rope?

Old 03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt synthetic winch rope?

I have a Superwinch 9.0 and am looking at getting a 3/8" 100ft synthetic winch rope. I found the smittybilt product at 4WD, $200. Is anyone using this product? Anything good or bad to comment on it. Is it blue or purple?

Roughtly what is the wight difference from my 125' cable to a 100' rope?

Can anyone recommend a good synthetic rope for me in a similar price range?

Also, what is involved to change out the line?

Thank you for the help.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the viking synthetic from David at Northridge. It was a little more but I got the safety thimble which is extra and I really like dealing with David. You can get blue, green, black, orange, yellow and more I think.

I had 125' of steel cable and went with 100' of rope. I'm just guessing but I think the cable probably weighed 35+ lbs and the rope weighs 2lbs.

Not to mention the rope is much safer. I think you will be happy with whatever you choose.
I see you have Northridge in you sig so call David and see what he has to say

Quick Reply: Smittybilt synthetic winch rope?