Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

smittybuilt armor fenders!!!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smittybuilt armor fenders!!!!!

has anyone seen the pics in the sema folder on project jk of the smittybuilt armor fenders??? these things are niiiiiiice!!!! anyone got the scoop on if they are going into production or do you think it was just a promo for the sema show???
Old 12-27-2009, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I asked that question when they had the Jeep in San Diego. They said yes... however I wouldn't expect to see them available in the near future.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:18 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

from what they told us, they should be shipping from china and available for sale in about 6 months.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
from what they told us, they should be shipping from china and available for sale in about 6 months.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CHINA CHINA WTF . are you kidding smittybuilt wont see an american dollar from me and one would hope that no one here would give them one eather . their are so many faberaction co. that would love the work...... hey thanks for the heads-up about where they are made river raider has some that look great i got their rocker guards/sliders and he makes some tough stuff
Old 12-27-2009, 11:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the river raider fenders, they are nice. Fitments left some space for improvement but overall they are sturdy as hell. After I bolted them up I was in my garage jumping up and down on them and they wouldn't budge.........so naturally I made my wife jump up and down on it with me to see if we both could move it. Nope. So naturally I thought I should see if I could jack up my jeep by the fender and see if it moved.........solid. The fender held the weight without any problem. But like I said, fitment could be improved.

Stregth A++
Fitment C+ I figured making a flange on a template that fit the fender lines would have been the easy part, maybe I was wrong..
Old 12-27-2009, 11:19 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JMP8562
CHINA CHINA WTF . are you kidding smittybuilt wont see an american dollar from me and one would hope that no one here would give them one eather . their are so many faberaction co. that would love the work...... hey thanks for the heads-up about where they are made river raider has some that look great i got their rocker guards/sliders and he makes some tough stuff
no kiddin around by me. all of 4wheelparts products including procomp and smittybilt are made in china.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I didnt want to throw out the "Made in China" I ordered the S-bilt tube doors back in Sept and had a deliver date of like 2 weeks, When I checked back in 2 weeks they were delayed a couple more weeks. After a month I checked back and they said that they would not be available until sometime in 2010 due to shipping issues.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

my buddies smittybilt bumpers are stamped "made in USA"..i know bc i was giving him some crap about it and he just grinned and proved me wrong
Old 12-28-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those fenders looked sick in person and they are supposed to be coming out with extras that bolt on to them like flares and provisions for accessories.

And my XRC rear bumper was made in the US. My JK.....not so much.

Quick Reply: smittybuilt armor fenders!!!!!