Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

smooth factory flares come painted?

Old 11-06-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smooth factory flares come painted?

Hey fellas,
I recently ordered a set (front and rear) flares for my 2dr 09 jk becasue I wanted to get them painted like the sahara. they were about 580 shipped and the lady on the line asked for my vin to match the paint (i took it with a grain of salt and didnt believe her) and to my suprise they came painted (black) but look like they dont have the clear coat (dull but same black). has anyone else ordered factory flares and did they come painted like mine?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

My guess...usually the catalog will list the Sahara flares in the various colors. Usually they superscede it to a primered black part, so that they don't have to stock a bunch of flares in various colors, but rather 1 version of each that can be painted to match. Short story is, they're primered now, you'll need a body shop to paint them.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 PM
JK Newbie

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those from? Thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

thanks that makes sense! I'll post some pics when I get them back and get a chace to install them. heres the folks I got them from, not the greatest site but believe it or not they answer 24/7 and they can get most anything and ship fast. I suspect they are working out of their house but have some good resurces for genuine parts.

http://jeepsareus.com/

Quick Reply: smooth factory flares come painted?