Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Socket SIZES

Old 06-12-2014, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Socket SIZES

I am going to install the 2.5 kit and geo brackets this weekend. Was wondering about sockets sizes needed. Control a r ms, etc. Any other tips.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lower CAs are 21, and upper CAs are 18.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:28 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by MAGRACER
I am going to install the 2.5 kit and geo brackets this weekend. Was wondering about sockets sizes needed. Control a r ms, etc. Any other tips.
Seems to me that without knowing exactly what lift kit you're installing that it would be impossible for anyone to provide you a detailed tool list. You'll probably need SAE (assuming the new lift provides some new SAE hardware) and metric 1/2" and 3/8" socket sets and drives, along with a few extensions of both sizes. You'll need a 1/2" drive torque wrench that goes to at least 150 pounds. Probably the most useful advice I can give you (since the preceding probably isn't what you really want to read) is to watch a video or two on installing the lift. It's not too bad a job, but it will be helpful if you've done so. If you can't find one for the lift you're installing, you might check out the Teraflex video on YouTube. It will give you an idea of what's entailed in the job. And there is a detailed write-up on the web for installing their 2.5" lift, which includes a detailed tool list (though you'll probably learn that buying individual sockets you need as opposed to sets is a way more expensive way to buy sockets).

Quick Reply: Socket SIZES