Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soft top choice & Pics

Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texwillys
Here's a shot of my rig when I ran the original Trek Top......

I really liked that top! But I'm now running the factory soft top.
My question is why running factory if you liked it??
Old 03-14-2012, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was damaged in a severe thunderstorm.

The original model uses velcro along the top of the doors. The storm ripped the velcro from the top. I still have it, I just haven't checked to see if it can be repaired.
I'm happy with the factory soft top. The (original) Trek Top does not fold down, you just have to take it completely off. I don't know about the NX?

There is a Forum sponser who was offering a discount on the NX. Check the Sponser threads.......
Old 03-14-2012, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The new NX does not fold down. You can remove the 3 windows and just have a safari top or flip back the sun rider and open up the front seats or completely take it off. It doesn't take very long to remove to whole top.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by texwillys
It was damaged in a severe thunderstorm.

The original model uses velcro along the top of the doors. The storm ripped the velcro from the top. I still have it, I just haven't checked to see if it can be repaired.
I'm happy with the factory soft top. The (original) Trek Top does not fold down, you just have to take it completely off. I don't know about the NX?

There is a Forum sponser who was offering a discount on the NX. Check the Sponser threads.......

Thank you, That helps me outs
Old 03-14-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by afpilot82
The new NX does not fold down. You can remove the 3 windows and just have a safari top or flip back the sun rider and open up the front seats or completely take it off. It doesn't take very long to remove to whole top.

Thanks that help me out,.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered the NX...what sold me was the removable back windows...it's a big plus when I'm hauling my dog around. I had the original Trektop and it got real hot in the back.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by afpilot82
If you remove it, does it fold up to fit in the back of the Jeep?
Old 03-14-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

You can fold it up and put it in the back, but with the frame it will take up most of your rear storage. The sides and rear come off very easy, and my dogs love it with the safari straps which still fit under the top. My biggest gripe is the offset of the rear window(wish it would be even with other windows.) It is deff. noisier then the hardtop, but its nothing a bit of radio can't hide(can easily have a conversation without having to raise your voice.) I haven't noticed any leaks at all.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ttechris
You can fold it up and put it in the back, but with the frame it will take up most of your rear storage. The sides and rear come off very easy, and my dogs love it with the safari straps which still fit under the top. My biggest gripe is the offset of the rear window(wish it would be even with other windows.) It is deff. noisier then the hardtop, but its nothing a bit of radio can't hide(can easily have a conversation without having to raise your voice.) I haven't noticed any leaks at all.
So you can go topless in minutes? Just like putting down the stock soft top?
Old 03-14-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

it will take 10+ minutes to get the top and sides off(15-20 to get back on.) I am coming from a hard top, so no experience with factory softop. I know its much more like a trafitional framed soft top, that hinges and folds back. The trektop is mostly frameless.
I went with this bc i had a hard time getting the hard top off with my wife, and didnt like that the top occupied so much space when off. I couldnt stand the look of the factory soft top, but from looking at it, it appears to be the easiest on/off.

Quick Reply: Soft top choice & Pics