Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

soft top insulation - any ideas?

Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft top insulation - any ideas?

Are there any new products on the market for insulating the soft top? I remember the one Paul R wrote about but it seems that isn't for sale anymore. I recently moved from Florida to Ohio so I am looking for options.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:43 PM
PAS
JK Newbie

There is a company called California Tops, they are based in Canada, they make a liner for soft tops. Try Googling them.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WARNING: BUYER BEWARE
The manufacturer of this product is believed to be a Canadian based company called Californiatops. This conclusion was determined by doing research online and by what the author of this post eventually stated in his post here.

Californiatops is a company that has a long history of questionable business practices and they have been banned from eBay and PayPal. This has been documented by the Ripoff Report and can be verified by doing a simple Google search or a search on forums such as JeepsUnlimited.com and RubiconOwners.com. More recently, a member here had purchased a thermal liner from this company while they were still going under the name coloradojeepman and his experience with them can be found here.

I have personally tried contacting this company to acquire a phone number and/or physical address for their stated location in Florida just in case the information I had about them was erroneous and my inquiries were met with hostility and my questions went unanswered. Needless to say, it is our opinion that this company has questionable business practices and would advise against purchasing any of their products.

Last edited by mkjeep; 09-30-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:36 AM
bkw
JK Freak

In a moment of drunken contemplation I was thinking that I could stuff an electric blanket inbetween my soft top and the spiderweb shade top to help melt snow and ice, and also keep the interior a little warmer.

As I began to sober, I remembered that I had a soft top hanging inside my garage, and that'll go on before the first snow of the season and all was well in the world once again.

Quick Reply: soft top insulation - any ideas?