Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soft Top Replacement

Old 06-14-2017, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X4 on CL. I bought a brand new still in the box premium softop with all of the hardware for $300 last year. The seller bought a new JKU off the lot that had the dual-top option. They didn't want the soft-top, so they sold it.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Found a brand new top, just north of you. Owner says it's never been installed. He's asking $525 for it. I would offer $400 cash and see where it goes.

https://richmond.craigslist.org/pts/6164585800.html
Old 06-15-2017, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks, I will check into that one. Also looking at one in Mosley VA outside of Richmond.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

If you're buying from out of town then you can transport it home if you loosen the side windows and pull those sail panels loose. Slide it in and set it in the recess where it would sit if it were folded down. Zip it all up and drive home happy.

I may have bought and moved a couple tops like that
Old 06-15-2017, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used or "newsed"?

Personally I'd only do a soft top used if it was a take off as described above. I've bought a used hardtop for my 2007 and that's easy enough to assess and fix. Soft, not so much. The headers can warp causing wind noise and leakage and the rear zippers can be wonky. You wouldn't know that until after you get it on.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CL is definitely the way to go. I've been looking for tops for a couple of weeks and found "new" in the boxes for $600-$850 or brand new premium tops for $1,000. Keep looking and something will pop up. I've yet to find a great deal, but one will eventually come along.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by RepressedSince15
Personally I'd only do a soft top used if it was a take off as described above. I've bought a used hardtop for my 2007 and that's easy enough to assess and fix. Soft, not so much. The headers can warp causing wind noise and leakage and the rear zippers can be wonky. You wouldn't know that until after you get it on.
Well yeah....that's why you show up without your top on and install it in the guy's driveway.

Unless you're the kind of guy that makes a $$ offer for something on c-list before even seeing it...

Quick Reply: Soft Top Replacement