Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which Exhaust?
MBRP
44.44%
Flowmaster
55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Which sound do you like better?

Old 06-03-2011, 09:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which sound do you like better?

I can't decide between MBRP or a Flowmaster Exhaust I love the sound of my magnaflow on my tundra but IMO the magnaflow doesn't sound like a Jeep on the wranglers.
So which one sounds better to you guys?

Flow Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqhEDHbuF10 MBRP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTmCAuYPNSk&feature=related I want an exhaust that doesn't sound like a ricer, but has that deep grunt, you know. I really don't want a loud and obnoxious sounding one like the Gibson, no offence to the Gibson but I just don't like how loud it is.
Thanks Matt

I've never heard any of these in person, and people record them all different in the youtube vids so I really can't pinpoint exactly which exhaust would sound better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeUXtX_f9OQ This is what I came from I love the deep roaring sound but I know the JK isn't a V8, I'd love to have something similiar sounding for the JK

Last edited by matt852; 06-04-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: banned member vid
Old 06-03-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard both side by side and the flowmaster has more of a deep tone to it, that's why I got mine, go to YouTube and search dylans jeep jk and there is a better one for the flowmaster with a drive by, I was really bored one day lol
Old 06-03-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeep_creep
I've heard both side by side and the flowmaster has more of a deep tone to it, that's why I got mine, go to YouTube and search dylans jeep jk and there is a better one for the flowmaster with a drive by, I was really bored one day lol
Thanks Dylan!

Last edited by matt852; 06-03-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:51 PM
JK Junkie

Anyone else heard these exhausts in person?
Old 06-04-2011, 04:22 AM
JK Junkie

In my opinion chambered mufflers like the flowmaster always sound better. They have a deeper tone and some throat to them. More importantly from my perspective is performance and a chambered muffler just isn't going to do as well as a pass through tube with perhaps some perforations and packing as I believe the MBRP can to be. For my money and what I currently see in the marketplace I would run with a Dynomax VT muffler as it won't drone and might add a modest amount of performance.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

In MY op, I dont like when people put mufflers on any vehicle to make it sound good. Its like using auto-tune to sing ya know? Im more of a guy that If my Jeep sounds like that, it better preform like it. But if i just HADDD to choose.... go with magnaflow
Old 06-04-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ran flowmaster super 44 series on my ram 1500 (hemi) and miss that nasty rumble every day.... Never heard the other in person, but regardless, I'm partial to flowmaster....
Old 06-04-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Between your two choices and videos, I like the Flowmaster. But have you checked out some of the Dynomax setups? They've got their "Rockcrawler" setup that sounds pretty beefy.

I'm also running their Ultra Flo SS Mufflers and it sounds pretty great. I'd recommend it.

But then again, I also have a friend running the MBRP under his JK, and it sounds good as well.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

I thought the flowmaster sounded quite similar to the dynomax, especially considering the toyota had the extra 2 cylinders.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Junkie

Dynomax does sound very beastly too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiXqZCdRS1E&feature=related I think Dynomax and Flowmaster are my two new favorites.

Quick Reply: Which sound do you like better?