Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spacers

Old 06-24-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacers

I would like to find out everyone's opinion about wheel spacers for my 2011 JK. I was thinking of getting bigger tires, but saw where you can add spacers and make your tires look wider. What can you tell me.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can but most people get spacers to keep tires from rubbing while turing. they wont really make your tires look wider but gives your jeep a wider stance which looks good.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've been running 1.5" aluminum hubcentric spacers for about 10k on an 07 JKU. no issues, but I check the lugs every oil change and often inbetween for peace of mind. they keep the wider BFG's (stock suspension, stock sahara rims) i put on from rubbing and as posted above, the wider stance looks nice. living in the mountains, i like the stable feel around all the hairpins as well, so the 3" was noticable. the tires are still inside the fenders, which i love. hated the roadwash i'd get when the doors were off and the wheels were outside the fenders on my old yj. think i got mine on e-bay. guy was great, no questions when i asked for 1.5" and shipped back the 2" ones.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between

FWIW, if you get spacers that are hub centric and made out of 6061-T6 aluminum, you should be OK.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Here is mine with stock wheels/tires with 1.5 spider trax spacers... Pushes your tires out flush with your fenders... Big improvement over factory look.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-736421186.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	174825  
Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Get the style with two sets of lugs, not the thin ones that 'sandwich' between the hub and wheel. (spidertrax, teraflex, rc, etc). Make sure you install and torque them correctly, and that you maintain them. And also be aware that a lot of shops will not mount or rotate tires if you have spacers installed.

Quick Reply: Spacers