Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

spare tire removal

Old 10-26-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think no spare looks great but then again I must be "stupid" also. I just throw my spare in the back and strap it down on the trails.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
If this implies you don't want a spare tire, that makes it twice as dumb. If that's the case, sell the Jeep and buy a Hummer.

A "clean look" doesn't look cool. Having no spare or third brake light looks stupid and the next obvious assumption is that the driver is stupid. Common sense however, looks cool.

Pretty sure there's a forum that's a better place for this question. Believe it's mallcrawlin.com. That's not a joke.

Btw, I was thinking about a headlight delete mod. Does anyone think there's an issue with that? I only drive at night during the week.
I drive my jeep about 6 miles a day from work and back, when I go play I toss my spare in the back and strap it down aswell, otherwise it's safely locked in my shop. So yeah guess I'm twice as dumb.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neon lights look cool too. Check them out.

Every car in this country comes with a spare tire. 99.99% of people drive around with a spare tire. Congrats for figuring out how cool it is not to have one.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Neon lights look cool too. Check them out.

Every car in this country comes with a spare tire. 99.99% of people drive around with a spare tire. Congrats for figuring out how cool it is not to have one.
Cool story bro
Old 10-26-2014, 06:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
Cool story bro
Thanks man. Please continue the thread regarding the uselessness of spare tires and third brake lights.

Last edited by Invest2m4; 10-27-2014 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:36 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks man. I'd tell the one about you being a douche, but wouldn't want to steal your thunder. Please continue the thread regarding the uselessness of spare tires and third brake lights.
at no point did I say a spare was useless, I said I have one, and rather than keep it on my jeep I keep it in my shop. I just don't see a point in arguing with you, if my personal choice in carrying a spare inside or outside my jeep constitutes me being a douche then so be it. Your team lose today or some mutual fund out do yours or something? Much worse things in the world to get all butthurt over than if someone wants to run a spare.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
at no point did I say a spare was useless, I said I have one, and rather than keep it on my jeep I keep it in my shop. I just don't see a point in arguing with you, if my personal choice in carrying a spare inside or outside my jeep constitutes me being a douche then so be it. Your team lose today or some mutual fund out do yours or something? Much worse things in the world to get all butthurt over than if someone wants to run a spare.
My original point was regarding the OPs plan to not run a spare OR a third brake light. Fair - I have a chip on my shoulder about the spare because I've had days totally lost helping guys off a trail or side of the road because they didn't have a spare. Someone says "not your problem." Well, it is when someone doesn't have a spare and needs help. Maybe you have it figured out, but I've helped numerous people that didn't. And circling back to the original point, it's the combination. I have no respect or support for someone intentionally reducing the safety of others because it looks cool. Third brake lights are statistically significant.

As far as my fund, I'm up 3x the S&P this year. 10% over the last two weeks thanks to a pointless capitulation over OPECs insanity.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:07 PM
JK Junkie

My original point was regarding the OPs plan to not run a spare OR a third brake light. Fair - I have a chip on my shoulder about the spare because I've had days totally lost helping guys off a trail or side of the road because they didn't have a spare. Someone says "not your problem." Well, it is when someone doesn't have a spare and needs help. Maybe you have it figured out, but I've helped numerous people that didn't. And circling back to the original point, it's the combination. I have no respect or support for someone intentionally reducing the safety of others because it looks cool. Third brake lights are statistically significant.

As far as my fund, I'm up 3x the S&P this year. 10% over the last two weeks thanks to a pointless capitulation over OPECs insanity.
Good on the fund, I get where you are coming from, I've helped numerous people who didn't have proper recovery gear or the vehicle to be where they were at, but such is life. Point taken on the 3rd brake light, I just live in a different area than you but I probably should and will put something in place. Be safe and enjoy
Old 10-26-2014, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I hate to see some of this shit people get for not running a rear bumper.. That must be on a different thread. The way I see it is build your Jeep the way you want it.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I have the brake lights covered

Quick Reply: spare tire removal