Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Plug Wire routing JBA headers

Old 03-06-2014, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spark Plug Wire routing JBA headers

I've recently purchased a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara addition. It's in great shape and has very low mileage for it's age (70,000 kms). Came with an after market cat back exhaust, intake and JBA headers. The problem I'm having is at idle once it's warm it's misfiring intermittantly. I think i've traced it back to the spark plug wires. The cylinder 6 wire isn't engaging very well and I'm betting once it's hot it loses contact slightly. I'm going to throw some lithium grease on tonight to see if it'll help.

Here's the main issue, with the JBA headers there's aftermarket wires and their routed really odd. What wires would you recommend and how would you route them with headers.
See attached photos.

Other side for good measure.
[URL=http://s167.photobucket.com/user/XtraXZX2/media/photo5.jpg.html]
Old 06-06-2019, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreHeretic
I've recently purchased a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara addition. It's in great shape and has very low mileage for it's age (70,000 kms). Came with an after market cat back exhaust, intake and JBA headers. The problem I'm having is at idle once it's warm it's misfiring intermittantly. I think i've traced it back to the spark plug wires. The cylinder 6 wire isn't engaging very well and I'm betting once it's hot it loses contact slightly. I'm going to throw some lithium grease on tonight to see if it'll help.

Here's the main issue, with the JBA headers there's aftermarket wires and their routed really odd. What wires would you recommend and how would you route them with headers.
See attached photos.

Other side for good measure.
[URL=http://s167.photobucket.com/user/XtraXZX2/media/photo5.jpg.html]
I'm having the same issue. It's driving me nuts. What did you end up doing?

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Wire routing JBA headers