Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedometer not working

Old 02-21-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, speedo is electronic, calibrate it with a Hypertech speedo calibrator. To your original question, if the speedo and odometer is completely out, check the ESP also, I think the fuse that powers the speedo also powers that, and possibly a few other things.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx

Ask them if it's the speedometer driveshaft gear.
Lol. It might just be low on speedometer fluid
Old 04-18-2019, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default Speedometer not working after Compressor, Condenser and TIPM replacement

I just replaced my TIPM, condenser and AC compressor on my 2010 eep Wrangler Sport Unlimited. Allseemed to go well however after driving the Jeep I noticed that my Speedometer is not working and only my speedometer. The tachometer and digital display along w/ all of the lights and gauges seem to work fine.
Any suggestions?
Old 04-18-2019, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by danielcmurray
I just replaced my TIPM, condenser and AC compressor on my 2010 eep Wrangler Sport Unlimited. Allseemed to go well however after driving the Jeep I noticed that my Speedometer is not working and only my speedometer. The tachometer and digital display along w/ all of the lights and gauges seem to work fine.
Any suggestions?
I had to replace my TIPM about a year ago, what year is your jeep and what year TIPM did you go with? Mine is a 2012 and i replaced it with a 2017s to avoid the fire issue
Old 04-18-2019, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Mine is a 2010 Jeep. I replaced it w/ a 2012 TIPM. I didn't know anything about a fire issue. Did you have any issues w/ your speedometer not working? I am wondering if the speedometer needs to be flashed or programmed w/ the new TIPM...
Old 04-18-2019, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

No mine was a pretty straight forward install, ill look for the wire charts i had but maybe the speedo was never wired up correctly? If that is the only thing wrong. Could also have a bad fuse.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Yes. that's the only thing wrong so far. I checked the fuse. Looked ok.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by danielcmurray
Yes. that's the only thing wrong so far. I checked the fuse. Looked ok.
Did you ever get it figured out. Mine is doing the same thing. I check the gauge and it is good but not working to show speed at all.

Quick Reply: Speedometer not working