Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spidertrax or Teraflex??

Old 08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spidertrax or Teraflex??

I am picking up some wheels spacers for my 18" wheels & 305/65 18 tires what do you guys recommend? Spidertrax comes with loctite I am assuming this is an added bonus... but I do not want my wheels to stick out past the flares just even... any suggestions?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I have Spidertrax

I have the Spidertrax spacers and can vouch for the excellent quality.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 PM
JK Junkie

I have the 1.5" Spidertrax spacers too, Very high quality.

Both of my rear tires are inside the edge of the flairs. One more then the other, because of my axle centering being off due to the 2.5 BB. One of my front tires sticks out about 1/8" and the other is inside the edge by about 1/4", again because of the lift. I am running stock rubicon tires and wheels.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

I'm running ebay spacers... i just couldn't resist the price. And so far, i'm happy as a clam! they're balanced as they should be, and have survived many 8 - 14 hour trips on the freeway, as well as some abusive driving offroad, and even a burnout or two, or three, or well, like a hundred. Anyway, i really wanted the spidertrax because i knew i wouldn't have any problems with them, and when i first put on the ebay spacers i was so afraid a wheel would come flying off for the first week i drove it. then i took it to canada and back, wheeled the snot out of it and so on and so forth, and so far, no issues at all. whatever you decide, if you end up needing one for the spare, i would certainly go with an ebay spacer for the spare as you can buy just one, and they're cheap!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I to can say they are an excellent value! You may want to get a little more loctite, they don't give you much. If you are careful it is just enough, If you are like me it won't be enough.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubidon
I to can say they are an excellent value! You may want to get a little more loctite, they don't give you much. If you are careful it is just enough, If you are like me it won't be enough.
Can I purchase extra loctite through the vendor?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say it is a mistake to use locktite. You can't retorque them if you do. This is my second jeep and the first one I used ebay spacers for 5 years and no locktite and never had a problem. I haven't used it on this one either. I second that EBAY spacers being a great deal.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crossbones
I am picking up some wheels spacers for my 18" wheels & 305/65 18 tires what do you guys recommend? Spidertrax comes with loctite I am assuming this is an added bonus... but I do not want my wheels to stick out past the flares just even... any suggestions?
Spidertrax are great quality, I haven't seen the Tera's in person.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by crossbones
Can I purchase extra loctite through the vendor?
You can ask, or get it at sears hardware.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by IGOFSHN
I say it is a mistake to use locktite. You can't retorque them if you do. This is my second jeep and the first one I used ebay spacers for 5 years and no locktite and never had a problem. I haven't used it on this one either. I second that EBAY spacers being a great deal.
You shouldn't have to re-torqe them. Loctite will save your a$$ if they should fall below torque spec.

Quick Reply: Spidertrax or Teraflex??