Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spidertrax Wheel Spacer Safety

Old 09-28-2013, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJJK
Moral of the story/thread- don't use wheel spacers.
Why? I say if you want to run certain lifts and bigger tires you have to and dont want to buy new wheels. I say we have good info here and if you want to buy a cheaper wheel spacer thats on you.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hot94Z28
Why? I say if you want to run certain lifts and bigger tires you have to and dont want to buy new wheels. I say we have good info here and if you want to buy a cheaper wheel spacer thats on you.
It is DEFINITELY "information." Unfortunately, too many people look at this "information" as the "gospel truth." A wise man once said, "RESEARCH, EVALUATE, MEDITATE." Never heard him say, "drink this Kool aid."
BTW, I run a .75 wheel spacer from BORA.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:43 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dahmer
Teraflex sells a frame side drop bracket with there lifts should we avoid them also? They also just recalled several products for faulty flex joints. People complain about metal clock having inferior welded rod ends over the stronger forged. Who can we actually trust to give us a good product?
Teraflex sells a front frame side front drop bracket made out of thicker steel and that has an adjustable arm for a brace as part of their drag link flip kit. It doesn't use a drop pitman arm.

Also, the point is that RC doesn't recall their stuff, and they continue to sell it when they know it is bad.

Quality manufactures will recall and will stop selling bad product.

This is the Teraflex. It requires welding.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:46 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Moral of the story/thread- don't use CHINESE wheel spacers WITH POOR QUALITY CONTROL.
There. Fixed it for you.
The following users liked this post:
Imlostjk (05-22-2020)
Old 09-28-2013, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

People are getting butt hurt over some stupid shit. Just because you can run an inferior product and it lasts a little while doesn't mean that it isn't poor quality.

But for my ass- I would rather rest assured knowing that the wheels aren't going to tear the studs off at 70mph going down the highway or crawling up a hill and see your wheel walk back past you.

People are scared of the wheel spacers because of
1) cheap spacers without proper quality control on materials and
2) improper installation by the user.

Soooo.....buy quality and install it correctly- then be satisfied and safe. Simple.

Kudos to planman, sorry but I've seen the tech he gives- he's not a fly by night kind of person. The tech he had was probably deleted for recommending a better brand that wasn't a sponsor....shame it had to be like that. If people intend to keep bickering over moot points then let them, you can lead a horse to water but sucking on it's ass won't make it drink.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-28-2013, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have 22k on my 1.5 spidertrax spacers running a 2.5 AEV lift and 33 inch tires. No problems. Solid product. I check the torque with each tire rotation at 5k intervals.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 09-28-2013, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Moral of the story/thread- don't use wheel spacers.
You post this on every thread about wheel spacers. Do you care to elaborate? Can you provide details on all the problems you have seen regarding quality wheels spacers that are properly installed and maintained? Just curious...
Old 09-28-2013, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman

Teraflex sells a front frame side front drop bracket made out of thicker steel and that has an adjustable arm for a brace as part of their drag link flip kit. It doesn't use a drop pitman arm.

Also, the point is that RC doesn't recall their stuff, and they continue to sell it when they know it is bad.

Quality manufactures will recall and will stop selling bad product.

This is the Teraflex. It requires welding.
Yes a agree that is a good part. This is however the part I'm referring to from the 2.5 lift. It seems unsafe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	!BynfqR!Bmk~$(KGrHqYOKj4Ewk7!0q3hBMSgl+8y,w~~_35.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	501063  
Old 09-28-2013, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

That looks like the track bar spacer, i installed that same one one my 2010. Read the instructions, don't drill the holes out if it seems the bolt doesn't line up.
I'm running. 33's by 12.5 for a couple of years with no problem from my teraflex bracket.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow here's an old thread revived! I ran spidertrax for 2 years, went to Colorado and wheeled numerous times. Never had an issue just made sure to torque w/ proper specs and repeat after a month or two.

Sent from the Antarctic

Quick Reply: Spidertrax Wheel Spacer Safety