Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spiderweb shade or Dirty Dog shade with Freedom Panels

Old 11-15-2013, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spiderweb shade or Dirty Dog shade with Freedom Panels

So I am looking at getting a sun shade and read great things about both companys. I take off my Freedom Panels more than the complete hard top but need the back covered for the kids. My question is which one would be easier removing and installing the freedom panels, Dirty Dogs 2 piece shade or spiderweb shade 1 piece?

On a side note, I know people run without the screws in their panels but is it possible/safe to not latch the back center latch? I would think that would be the hardest on to get to with a shade installed.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2014, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you ever buy one? Spiderweb shade was at the jamboree last month and I forgot to ask him how you undo the freedom panel latches on the inside with this thing on. Btw, I haven't used the freedom panel bolts In the rear for two years now with no problem, and I go through the car wash every week.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

I got dirtydog 4x4 and absolutely love it.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the DD just in the front of my 4 dr and only do it twice a year spring and fall when I'm removing my hard top and putting it back on. It's doable a small pita.... I wouldn't want to do it all the time tho.... Now I believe the Spiderweb shade is slightly narrower so maybe a bit easier.. Don't know for sure..... I like the DD better cause there's next to no gaps on the sides.... Good luck
Old 06-16-2014, 05:12 AM
JK Junkie

I have the spider web and its pretty easy. There is a gap around the sides, either one would be a good choice.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the SpiderWeb Shade. It's great, it's possible to run it under both the hard and soft top. You just have to move around the spider balls were the latches clip. Although sometimes it can be a little bit of a pain and I just take off the two balls were there latches go and put them back when I remove the top.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

X3 on webshade. Easy on and off. No problems with mine.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I won a gearshade at Chaos off road park and it is awesome! Check them out....
Old 06-16-2014, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Plus I leave it on under my top, it cuts down road noise and has pockets with zippers in the front corners for extra storage.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

You don't have to remove dirtydog shade when putting hard/soft top on! I run my shade all the time.

Quick Reply: Spiderweb shade or Dirty Dog shade with Freedom Panels