Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Splash Guards - Thoughts, Pics?

Old 03-25-2007, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone found an alternative to the Mopar splash guards? Got a set, but don't care for them... May just get the steps/running boards from the Sahara.

Seems an extended-horizontal add-on like on the TJ's would work, but they don't exist yet (that I've found)
Old 03-26-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maliki
Anyone found an alternative to the Mopar splash guards?
These any good????

http://www.1motormart.com/parts/1/20...ngler+Mud+Flap
Old 03-26-2007, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default These are great

These mudflaps are great. I had them on my old jeep. Just wish they made them for the JK.........I may have to modify a pair....
Old 03-26-2007, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.jeepworld.com/accessories...ler/splash.htm
Old 03-26-2007, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chvynova
I made these up out of some aluminum I had laying around. I have the mopar tubular side steps though and used the screw that holds the front cap on as a mounting point.

What side steps are those?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Those are the Mopar tubular side steps. Part# 82210561 (2dr) or 82210562 (4dr). I use some of those push type fasteners, like the one that hold on the front air dam but smaller, that I picked up at a swap meet. The back uses a grommet and the screw for the end cap for a little more support and keep it from rattling.

They keep the snow and slush of the side and have stoped a few stones the tires picked up. The hardest thing to making them was figureing out the angle to bend the horizontal section so it lines up with the step (if you bent a 90* it would point in twards the center on the Jeep.

I painted them with textured paint that I picked up that matches the side steps perfectly. It also matches the Mopar front skid for easy touch ups.

Last edited by chvynova; 03-27-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chvynova
Those are the Mopar tubular side steps. Part# 82210561 (2dr) or 82210562 (4dr). I use some of those push type fasteners, like the one that hold on the front air dam but smaller, that I picked up at a swap meet. The back uses a grommet and the screw for the end cap for a little more support and keep it from rattling.

They keep the snow and slush of the side and have stoped a few stones the tires picked up. The hardest thing to making them was figureing out the angle to bend the horizontal section so it lines up with the step (if you bent a 90* it would point in twards the center on the Jeep.

I painted them with textured paint that I picked up that matches the side steps perfectly. It also matches the Mopar front skid for easy touch ups.
Do you need to do any drilling with the Mopar side steps? Easy install? Quadratec sells them for $519.00. That's a little steep.

I apologize for being off topic. I've been looking for side steps for a while and like the look of the Mopars. Just haven't seen many.

Last edited by redWRANGLER; 03-27-2007 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

are the mopar steps made from a soft flexible rubber? My brothers FJ cruiser mud flaps are made from a really soft rubber that you can bend backwards and they pop right back in to place.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

There is no drilling necessary and they come with all the hardware. The Mopar MSRP is $313.10 for the 2 door & $379 for 4 door, but you can find them cheaper online. They are tubular aluminum with plastic end caps and step plate. There are 3 styles of side steps, factory, tubular like mine, and a more expensive rock rail type. The ones at Quadratec are the rock rail type.

If you do serious off roading you may want to take them off before you go out. The brackets sit higher then the frame but may hold you up on rocks.

Last edited by chvynova; 03-27-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

I think I'm gonna put the front ones on in the winter, just because of all the salt they use on the roads up here. I get alot of crap on my door handles and hinges. Waithing for the $50 dollar voucher.

Quick Reply: Splash Guards - Thoughts, Pics?