Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spring swap?

Old 09-12-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spring swap?

I currently have a 4.5 inch aev lift and I'm running 35s on my 11 unlimited I'm bouncing the idea around of trading my springs for 3.5 inch springs. I find That the 4.5 is not necessary and somewhat inconvenient. For example, I can't fit in my garage with the sunrider open, and I'm
Going to eventually need a new front drive shaft with my 4.5
My buddy has a 3.5 inch rubicon express lift and he would swap springs with me. What Are your thoughts on this? Are the aev and rubicon express springs of equal quality? Will my ride remain the same?
P.S. I know you're wondering why I bought a 4.5 inch lift in the first place. Well, I bought it for $300 ( included everything) from my buddy who was trading his jeep in. I couldn't pass up the deal.
Thank you
Old 09-13-2012, 02:05 AM
JK Freak

Nobody has any input?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Imo, AEV is the superior product in this case. Would your buddy be willing to swap back if you arent happy? Have you ridden in his jeep to feel how it rides? You could just buy 3.5 AEV springs and call it a day.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Juice Box
Imo, AEV is the superior product in this case. Would your buddy be willing to swap back if you arent happy? Have you ridden in his jeep to feel how it rides? You could just buy 3.5 AEV springs and call it a day.
I feel the aev springs are superior as well. His jk is a 2 door with 37s and a long arm kit, so I don't know if ride qualities could even be compared simply by riding in his jeep. OR if 2door spring would even be ok in a heavier 4 door

Quick Reply: Spring swap?