Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sprint booster

Old 06-03-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by foxbody
I can't believe the price point on such a simple product. Throttle response definetely does not bother me $300 worth.
I agree, even with niche market, R&D and tooling, it is at least $100 overpriced.

On the other hand a few people like me who do mind the stupid fly by wire lag are willing to pay, so they make a good profit margin I guess. I would not have purchased it if I could not afford it.

I see people driving rigs with 6 to 10 grand worth of tire and lift around, and it is apparent many of those vehicles have never and probably will never leave the pavement. Hell, some of them are dog-tracking or scrubbing the front tires off, probably handle like crap.

But if the vehicle owners who purchased the after market products are happy, everyone wins.

I am an old timer used to being able to set up the old mechanical carb linkages just the way I liked. This gadget brings at least some of that flexability back.

My point is this booster thingie is a very niche thing, but there is no deception. It only does what the description on the company web site says it does, right next to the price tag.

Speaking only for myself, I do not regret the purchase.

Last edited by Yankee; 06-03-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe the price point on such a simple product. Throttle response definitely does not bother me $300 worth.
A good (very mechanically inclined) buddy of mine thought the same thing. Then I let him try mine on the stock setting, and then the red. He could definitely tell a difference, and I think it is at the top of his Jeep Wish List now.

As the old saying goes: "Don't knock it till you've tried it!"
Old 06-03-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

I can't believe the price point on such a simple product. Throttle response definetely does not bother me $300 worth.
You are not paying for the part but the technology
Old 06-03-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

For all of you that think this is overpriced for such a simple rheostat amplifier, please run down to Radio Shack and make me one. I'll gladly pay you $100.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inverse121
For all of you that think this is overpriced for such a simple rheostat amplifier, please run down to Radio Shack and make me one. I'll gladly pay you $100.
I'll make you one.... But your jeep will probably run like it has aids for the rest of it's life!

I think I'm going to get a super chips then maybe a sprint... Still up in the air. I do agree about the R&D it takes thousands of hours of trial and error Which all cost $$$$$... the last time I checked, mechanical engineers didn't work for minimum wage!

Quick Reply: Sprint booster