Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6

Old 10-05-2018, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sprintex Stage 1 comes with a tuner that has a tune loaded on it. The stage 2 comes with a tuner and you need to send Sprintex the info on your Jeep. They then build a tune for your Jeep and e-mail it to you. Load it on the supplied tuner, tune the Jeep, and you are good to go. I'm still loving my stage 2. It is so much better than my old Jeep with the Ripp kit.
The following users liked this post:
jaysplace408 (04-07-2019)
Old 10-18-2018, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats good to hear. 07WrangX, you need to get to a dyno. I am curious about actual numbers from someone. Keep us posted.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

oops disregard.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Exclamation Where'd you go?

Originally Posted by jeepjk76
Sprintex stage 2 with a 60mm pulley 93 octane and a custom tune 15 psi all day long. Look me up on Instagram I have some videos of my setup Jeepjk77
That's nuts! You haven't posted in a couple years. Did it blow up or did you sell it? Were you happy with this setup? I tried to look you up on IG but I can't find your profile anymore. I hope it didn't blow up! I'm so curious!
Old 06-10-2020, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 467 Likes on 419 Posts

That much HP out of a stocker and always the need for speed will wreck any motor in short order that is not built for the task. Look at most turbo cars that have non-turbo variants. First thing the manufacturer changes is the crank and rods to steel and the pistons to forged. Not to mention block strength. Wonder why they do that? And their boost HP over stock HP increases are not as dramatic as jeepjk76's install. Why I went with Chev conversion at great expense. Now the problem moves to the diffs.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07WrangX
Sprintex Stage 1 comes with a tuner that has a tune loaded on it. The stage 2 comes with a tuner and you need to send Sprintex the info on your Jeep. They then build a tune for your Jeep and e-mail it to you. Load it on the supplied tuner, tune the Jeep, and you are good to go. I'm still loving my stage 2. It is so much better than my old Jeep with the Ripp kit.
Hey buddy. It seems like none of the guys from this thread are active anymore. Can you tell me how the reliability of the Sprintex on your 2014 has been for the last couple years? Any issues with belt squeek or cruise control? Thanks!
Old 07-07-2020, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

What ever you do DO NOT get the Ripp . I had a ripp on my 3.6 and within 15k miles from brand new my jeep was experiencing issues that grew bigger. jeep was misfiring along with the supercharger leaking oil. I called ripp to get some help and they gave me the worst customer service experience ever. I live 5 mins away from their shop and I called too speak to the owner ross and see if they could possibly look over my vehicle to help me. I have been trying to reach out to them for help with issues for over 2 years, they all know who I am and where i live as i know where they live, we are practically fucking neighbors and they still refused to help me. I had less then 35k miles and my jeep had so many issues i have to ripp out the supercharger and replace my block to get things working normally

Think twice before purchasing anything from those pricks

not to mention if you notice all the Bigger builds like stormtrooper and grapplerjk both removed their superchargers because it was not worth the headache. I believe both of them blew their motors aswell
Old 07-19-2020, 10:11 AM
RCT
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post #14 you drilled into the base plate. The Sprintex Supercharger recirculation valve is open under vacuum and closes under boost. Could a T connector be used in the hose that is circled, for connecting boost/vacuum gage hose to?

Last edited by RCT; 07-19-2020 at 10:22 AM. Reason: add to
Old 07-29-2020, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

I just talked to a show yesterday and they told me that about 70% of the Ripp they put on they take off. I think I’ll just have my money and LS3 swap in a couple years.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 467 Likes on 419 Posts

Matt - you may want to think LT engine and try and get the 8 spd. Magic tranny for Jeeps. LS engines are getting long in the tooth and hard to find good low mileage units. Good low mileage units are plentiful on Craiglist in Texas. Where I found mine.

Quick Reply: Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6