Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6

Old 12-08-2016, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2012JK
I asked Icon about a tune for me, just waiting on an answer. My local guy says you can't tune the 60mm with 14.5lbs of boost on 93 without methanol injection.

Going to see their response, thank you for yours.

Jeff
Im at 15 psi right now without methanol. I would not push it any more. I just ordered new drive shafts. The stock ones are no longer good. When I tell you it is crazy fast I raced a new 2016 V8 mustang with full exhaust and I stayed with him. He could not pull away from me

Last edited by jeepjk76; 12-08-2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to get 15psi out of my Ripp
Old 12-08-2016, 09:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepjk76
Im at 15 psi right now without methanol. I would not push it any more. I just ordered new drive shafts. The stock ones are no longer good. When I tell you it is crazy fast I raced a new 2016 V8 mustang with full exhaust and I stayed with him. He could not pull away from me
I am installing chrome moly axles, 4.56's, rear true trac and Adam 1310's next week.

The methanol injection is 70% methanol 30% distilled water to give an octane boost and cooling effect. Going to push it to the limit here.

I hope the Mustang owner is saying that I pulled on him when I'm done.

Just going to run the stock wheels for now, still sorting out my tire width.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Which water-methanol injection (WMI) kit are you running? Are you doing a stage 1 before the throttle body, or progressive system?
Old 12-09-2016, 02:38 AM
JK Newbie

Badass.....we need some videos man!!!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by doc5339
Which water-methanol injection (WMI) kit are you running? Are you doing a stage 1 before the throttle body, or progressive system?
He's not using methanol at all

This is the kit I'm going to be using, it is a linear progression system that you set to come on at a specific boost level and you set it for your max boost, the computer does the rest :

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=products/water-methanol-injection-systems/water-methanol-injection-kit-for-forced-induction-gasoline-engines

AEM for forced induction 30-3300

http://www.dragzine.com/tech-stories/fuel-cooling-ignition-tech/installing-and-testing-aems-v2-watermethanol-injection-system/

Last edited by 2012JK; 12-09-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

He's not using methanol at all

This is the kit I'm going to be using, it is a linear progression system that you set to come on at a specific boost level and you set it for your max boost, the computer does the rest :

Water/Methanol Injection Kit for Forced Induction Gasoline Engines | AEM

AEM for forced induction 30-3300

Installing and Testing AEM's V2 Water/Methanol Injection System - Dragzine

Right now now everything is working amazing the 93 octane and the tune is amazing. I have not seen anyone else out here push 14-15 psi. I'm about to do some major suspension upgrades so at this time I'm all done with the engine.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Right now now everything is working amazing the 93 octane and the tune is amazing. I have not seen anyone else out here push 14-15 psi. I'm about to do some major suspension upgrades so at this time I'm all done with the engine.
Post a video of that thing
Old 12-09-2016, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

I lowered my Jeep and am taking a completely different approach to the build. I've had lifted and big tire Jeeps, my GF has a Rubicon on 35's and if I ever change my mind I can redo my ideas pretty quickly.

I wanted a Corvette or even a Hellcat, but I live in Canada and we have a five month window for driving cars like that. I also work for a living so honestly it would cut down my "days of use" to about 60 a year. Not worth it to me.

So I'm building what I believe will be one of the fastest pentastar powered JK's around. My goal is to be as close to 600hp (crank) that I can be. Summer tires cruiser and blast around like I would a muscle car and slap winter tires on and go another seven months.

This stuff is hard to wrap most people's heads around, but if I lived in Florida I'd just own both a lifted Jeep and a 700hp street car LOL.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

I lowered my Jeep and am taking a completely different approach to the build. I've had lifted and big tire Jeeps, my GF has a Rubicon on 35's and if I ever change my mind I can redo my ideas pretty quickly.

I wanted a Corvette or even a Hellcat, but I live in Canada and we have a five month window for driving cars like that. I also work for a living so honestly it would cut down my "days of use" to about 60 a year. Not worth it to me.

So I'm building what I believe will be one of the fastest pentastar powered JK's around. My goal is to be as close to 600hp (crank) that I can be. Summer tires cruiser and blast around like I would a muscle car and slap winter tires on and go another seven months.

This stuff is hard to wrap most people's heads around, but if I lived in Florida I'd just own both a lifted Jeep and a 700hp street car LOL.
Justdontflipitlol

Quick Reply: Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6