JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Sprintex , Ripp or Prodigiy (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/sprintex-ripp-prodigiy-265093/)

YingYang 02-21-2013 12:01 PM

I have been running a RIPP Gen II Stage II supercharger for nearly 3 years on a 2009 JKU and I love it. When I was in the market for a supercharger there was no Prodigy, Sprintex. The only other was Avenger. I got this kit in the early stages and there were some problems at first but RIPP was quick to address them and correct everything. I have logged neary 40 thousand miles on the system now with no problems. I have also purchased a set of RIPP headers and hush power muffler, which makes the whole package that much better.

Like stated above... Just hit up YouTube and look at all the videos of dyno runs, install videos, customers videos etc.... Choice was pretty easy for me and I am glad I went with RIPP, no regrets!

shj_jeep 02-22-2013 02:33 AM

Is it better to return the stock headers if i'll run the ripp supercharger ? Or is it ok to keep borla long tube headers ? I don't want to spend more on getting a new headers also

shj_jeep 02-22-2013 08:20 AM

Ripp supercharger ( with out ripp headers ) : 4785 $ including shipping
Sprintex : 3560 including shipping
Need to make final decision

knightrohulk 02-22-2013 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by shj_jeep (Post 3442459)

Does the Ripp price include intercooler?

So the final question to ask, what does the extra $1225 get you from Ripp over Sprintex?

shj_jeep 02-22-2013 09:58 AM

Yes including the intercooler

RIPPMODS 02-22-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by shj_jeep (Post 3442088)
Is it better to return the stock headers if i'll run the ripp supercharger ? Or is it ok to keep borla long tube headers ? I don't want to spend more on getting a new headers also

Our headers produce the most WHP and WTQ of any of our competators, they are also designed to move your entire power band ove 600rpm lower, more power and sooner! They are not a necessary add-on to the Supercharger system but do help more. We designed our system to make our advertised power numbers on 89 octane, not 91+ octane fuel, and to work with the stock exhaust. Make sure to call our sales line to get a specific internation shipping quote.

Originally Posted by knightrohulk (Post 3442507)
Does the Ripp price include intercooler?

So ask the final question to ask, what does the extra $1225 get you from Ripp over Sprintex?

our system provides 40 more Wtq and 50+ whp. It provides more power throughout the entire power band, not just one area.

RIPP

RIPPMODS 02-22-2013 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by shj_jeep (Post 3442459)

Are you using it in Dubai... if yes...
  • You need an intercooler... THE heat and sand will create havoc on the load mapping
  • Our tune has been extensively proven in Dubai and throughout the middle east

RIPPTECH

knightrohulk 02-22-2013 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS (Post 3442721)

our system provides 40 more Wtq and 50+ whp. It provides more power throughout the entire power band, not just one area.

RIPP

Not in the 1500 to 2200 rpm range, it doesn't. In fact, I can not find ANY dyno chart pic or video that even shows that rpm range for Ripp chargers. Your own videos even say that power comes in around 2500 or so rpm. Maybe more power over stock across entire range but I highly doubt it's more power over Sprintex across entire range. It's these inaccurate statements like this that make me question everything else you say.

jlb0125 02-22-2013 02:29 PM

I just installed the Prodigy Turbo kit, and I love it. Power is always there, and other than the blow off valve doing it's job, you would not know that there is aturbo under the hood. I had the exhaust ceramic coated, and the air intake pipe powder coated.

knightrohulk 02-22-2013 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by jlb0125 (Post 3442972)
I just installed the Prodigy Turbo kit, and I love it. Power is always there, and other than the blow off valve doing it's job, you would not know that there is aturbo under the hood. I had the exhaust ceramic coated, and the air intake pipe powder coated.

What made you decide to go with Prodigy over other choices? Have you had a chance to do any wheeling with it? If so, did you notice any lag or surge in power, etc?