Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprintex , Ripp or Prodigiy

Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Sprintex , Ripp or Prodigiy

First of all,

my JK is 2008 with:

auto transmission
35" tires
4.88 gears
K&N CAI, Borla Long Tube Headers and MBRP Catback
Diablo Sport Custom Tune

lately, I have been reading a lot about those options

the prodigiy price and power gain has really got my attention(5500 shipped to my country), but the problem is i have to swap my auto trans to manual (EXTRA COST)

Ripp is famous and well known and with many videos and dyno sheets 4899$ (707$ shipping !)

Sprintex, 55rwhp and 71lb-f on the wheels for almost 3300$$ (also found a very good price of shipping to my country)

I am hesistant between ripp vs sprintex mostly

and also I wanna about the sprintex if it is better to go with the hypertech tune or a custom tune with the diablo ?

Need your opinions urgently or i guess i may pull the treger on the sprintex

PS: I have a 2011 5.3L GMC sierra engine laying at yard lol

Last edited by shj_jeep; 02-20-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Lots of info here. Almost a must read for you.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...tex-sc-256842/

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Sprintex and Diablo.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am considering the sprintex supercharger as well

but do they have a canned tune for there supercharger in the diablo they are offering ?

or should i do a custom tune using my original diablo ?

i am not a fan of hypertech tunners
Old 02-21-2013, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I think, you can order from one of the vendors here, send in a baseline tune from your diablo, they will adjust it to where it needs to be and send the tune back to you for up loading. thats my understanding of it....no need to frig tuning it yourself.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shj_jeep
I am considering the sprintex supercharger as well

but do they have a canned tune for there supercharger in the diablo they are offering ?

or should i do a custom tune using my original diablo ?

i am not a fan of hypertech tunners
It's a canned tune, I suggest getting it from Jon at rpmextreme as he is the tuner! The process is easy, you send him your original oem tune, then he writes you a new tune... After running for a few days send him a datalog and he will adjust and fine tune the tune! It's all a matter of mins and the longest I have waited was 2 hours and that was because I didn't check my email for that long! I can't say enough of how good he is! And how much more enjoyable the sprintex is to drive from stock!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found a good price of the supercharger with shipping cost but from ebay

Wondering if he will charge me on tunning because i am not purchasing it from there site

And i already have diablo predator programmer , so do i have to get there diablo i1000 dcx ?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripp

If u have a 5.3 in the yard go with the ripp you can reuse the head unit and probably a few other parts with the swap. I'm running a ripp and can say that is is great even at 7000agl with 37's and 5:38's. I wouldn't I with anything else I have driven the hell out of it without any issues. My recommendation is RIPP hands down
Old 02-21-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Default Ripp

i own a 2009 and 2010 both with ripp 2nd gen supercharges my 09 i bought and had the sc on it 2 days after i bought the truck, i now have about 32k and not a single problem with it or the tune, the 10 is my wife's mall crawler but she has a heavy foot lol and since install she has not had a problem with it or the tune on hers either and i think her mileage is about 17k and both are our DD both trucks have 33" nittos, cai ,mrbp cat back exhaust ,I am homework kind of guy and i work hard for my money and when i did all my research for a sc and read reviews,stories about all 3 it was a no brainer to go with ripp's sc, i mean if you are looking for valid proof just check youtube and look how many jeeps are running ripp's compared to the other 2 brands and the most important look at the dyno sheet.....need i say more ripp hands down

Last edited by ugotmud; 02-21-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shj_jeep
First of all,

my JK is 2008 with:

auto transmission
35" tires
4.88 gears
K&N CAI, Borla Long Tube Headers and MBRP Catback
Diablo Sport Custom Tune

lately, I have been reading a lot about those options

the prodigiy price and power gain has really got my attention(5500 shipped to my country), but the problem is i have to swap my auto trans to manual (EXTRA COST)

Ripp is famous and well known and with many videos and dyno sheets 4899$ (707$ shipping !)

Sprintex, 55rwhp and 71lb-f on the wheels for almost 3300$$ (also found a very good price of shipping to my country)

I am hesistant between ripp vs sprintex mostly

and also I wanna about the sprintex if it is better to go with the hypertech tune or a custom tune with the diablo ?

Need your opinions urgently or i guess i may pull the treger on the sprintex

PS: I have a 2011 5.3L GMC sierra engine laying at yard lol

I have the Ripp in my 2011 JKU and love it. I would go any other way. Plus Ripp has great customer service and they actually post videos and dyno sheets of REAL numbers.

Quick Reply: Sprintex , Ripp or Prodigiy