Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Squeak noise, repetitive, increases with speed and turns

Old 01-25-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeak noise, repetitive, increases with speed and turns

It's coming from the front axle and has been there for over a year. It hasn't bothered me too much until now that it's happening more constantly. It used to only happen when turning right at any speed. It increases with vehicle speed and is not as noticeable on the highway because of other noises. It sounds like it's coming from the front right wheel. Anyone else have this same kind of squeak?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a squeak that did that and it drove me crazy. It was the front axle pinion seal. It happened to many people on the forum and there is a TSB on it. See the link below.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-re...lange-and-seal

Also, search the forum under stock jk tech for old posts.

Good luck,
Matt
Old 01-26-2010, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by muttschu
I had a squeak that did that and it drove me crazy. It was the front axle pinion seal. It happened to many people on the forum and there is a TSB on it. See the link below.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-re...lange-and-seal

Also, search the forum under stock jk tech for old posts.

Good luck,
Matt
Was it a constant squeal or a "squeak squeak"? And did it become more pronounced when turning a certain direction?

I just realized this should have gone under stock jk tech. But then again i had no idea it could be the stock front axle pinion seal.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pkess3
Was it a constant squeal or a "squeak squeak"? And did it become more pronounced when turning a certain direction?

I just realized this should have gone under stock jk tech. But then again i had no idea it could be the stock front axle pinion seal.
It was a constant squeak squeak, sort of sounded like my brakes were dragging. And it did become more pronounced when turning.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by muttschu
It was a constant squeak squeak, sort of sounded like my brakes were dragging. And it did become more pronounced when turning.
Thanks muttschu! I'll take her into the stealership and tell them I think it's the TSB. See what they say.

Quick Reply: Squeak noise, repetitive, increases with speed and turns