Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stay with BB or get new springs??

Old 12-28-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay with BB or get new springs??

My next mod will be front and rear Rubicon axles. I currently have a TF 2.5" BB. I plan on running 35" tires and getting new bumpers and a winch. Would it be fine to stay with the BB or would it be better to get new springs? My main concern is with the extra weight of the bumbers and winch. I also am looking for new shocks to replace the shock extensions. Any info or brand reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 2.5 BB with 35's and so far its done great. I just put on a bigger winch though and the front end has a very big rake. I need a spacer. This is the case even if i had new springs all the way around, the rake would still be there. I guess if you could fine 3" front springs and leave the BB in the rear it would work pretty good.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:49 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good guy to ask this question of, would be WayOfLife. I'd be curious as to what he would say about OME shocks. They have a really good rep on previous model Wranglers.

Quick Reply: Stay with BB or get new springs??