Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stealership

Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealership

Stealership told me yesterday that when you lift your jeep it causes problems with your a/c unit. They said they wont cover the problem since its do to a lift. This sounds crazy to me. Lifting your jeep has nothing to do with the a/c unit
Old 09-18-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Jeep customer service.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could see a body lift maybe (BIG maybe) causing extra tension on the ac lines but even then I wouldn't think that it would be enough to really make the ac stop working. What exactly is wrong with your ac? Did they tell you? There is no way that a suspension lift would cause any issues.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The combination of extra height, and if the air dam under the front bumper is missing, changes airflow through the radiator. I've heard of it causing cooling problems, and it could also cause A/C problems. But if the problem is something like a failed clutch, or a coolant leak, or a bad control, then the stealer is chickenshit to not help you out. They are just looking for an extra couple bux.

Where I live, every Chrysler dealer can and will gladly do service work on my Jeep. Try a non-Jeep Chrysler dealer.

Quick Reply: Stealership