Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Stabilizer Rubbing Adapter/Track Bar Bolt Head

Old 05-28-2017, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Steering Stabilizer Rubbing Adapter/Track Bar Bolt Head

Mine is a 2012 with a 2011 Mopar 2" lift. It has an adapter bracket for the steering stabilizer on the axle, that's probably similar to a lot of adapters out there. My kit was installed by the Dealer when new, and i just noticed that my stabilizer is rubbing on the adapter/track bar bolt head. The kit instructions say to locate the steering link bracket so that there's 15-1/2" between stabilizer eye centers, mine is at 14-7/8". I imagine the solution is to move the steering link bracket further away so that the stabilizer body doesn't contact the bolt head.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2458 copy.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	672010Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2457 copy.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	391.4 KB
ID:	672011Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2455 copy.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	456.4 KB
ID:	672012
Old 05-28-2017, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Loosen that u-bolt just enough for it to slide freely, and rotate it down a hair so it doesn't contact the dampener.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It might also need to be clocked right. While you have that bolt loose, turn your wheels all the way to the side that would completely compress your stabilizer. Snug the bolts down once you have it in the right spot where it doesn't rub, and have someone turn the wheels the other way to make sure you're not overextending the stablizer.

Quick Reply: Steering Stabilizer Rubbing Adapter/Track Bar Bolt Head