Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Stabilizer Suggestions

Old 02-16-2018, 07:20 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBaby
The Falcon is a nice piece, needed it for the beefier tie rod. But the stock one works just fine for stock tie rods.
How you you figure you needed a beefier SS just because of the tie rod? You shouldn't need SS at all in theory, regardless of TR size. The same factory jobbie or cheap SS should be fine regardless of TR size. Now, you might need a different clamp FOR the TR, but that is a different story.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
How you you figure you needed a beefier SS just because of the tie rod? You shouldn't need SS at all in theory, regardless of TR size. The same factory jobbie or cheap SS should be fine regardless of TR size. Now, you might need a different clamp FOR the TR, but that is a different story.
Bigger clamp for larger OD tie rod and it's bolt would have required me to drill out the bushing on the factory SS.
I ran it w/o a SS for a while and still do on our other Jeep. But the steering is nicer with the Falcon SS on there, and that's my wife's Jeep so.....

W/O

With

Excuse the DL angle, the correct part is on its way.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Understood....so more of a technicality when saying "need". Dang, everything is so nice and clean under there! Is that brand new, or did you detail the heck out of it?
Old 02-16-2018, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Understood....so more of a technicality when saying "need". Dang, everything is so nice and clean under there! Is that brand new, or did you detail the heck out of it?
LOL, yep fresh build on an '18 JK.

LINK
Old 02-19-2018, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep in the West
Hello all,

This is my first post to JK Forum.

My Rubicon Express steering stabilizer gave out on me, and I'm hoping for some suggestions on a new one. I've been looking at the Bilstein 5100 (# 24-158428).

Is this a good one? Anything better in a similar price range? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by nthinuf
Did you happen to read the end of the description?As mentioned, the stock stabilizer is fairly well known to work just fine. If you choose to spend a bunch of money on something fancy or shiny, that's up to you. And if you need an extra heavy duty stabilizer to cover up a driveability issue caused by other failing components, you are probably better off putting the money toward fixing that issue.

I run the 5100 on mine, I only replaced the factory one because a buddy of mine had the Bilstein new in the box and was going a different route, and basically gave it to me.

It does not pull left, it works virtually the same as factory, the only difference I noticed, is it seemed to stiffen up the steering a just a hair which I liked.

Happy Jeeping!
The following users liked this post:
Jeep in the West (02-20-2018)

Quick Reply: Steering Stabilizer Suggestions