Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

stock trans skid???

Old 09-21-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stock trans skid???

has anybody put the auto trans skid on a manual jk. can't see why it wouldn't fit. it would also protect the exhaust cross over pipe.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My four door with manual tranny came with the skid plate. It'll fit any two or four door, manual or automatic. Get under yours and you'll see the threaded holes in the frame rails.

Had to yank mine since I have 4" of lift. The stock front shaft interferes with anything over 3" or so. I'm holding on to it for now. May use it if it clears an aftermarket shaft, if and when I need them.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sickchilly
My four door with manual tranny came with the skid plate. It'll fit any two or four door, manual or automatic. Get under yours and you'll see the threaded holes in the frame rails.

Had to yank mine since I have 4" of lift. The stock front shaft interferes with anything over 3" or so. I'm holding on to it for now. May use it if it clears an aftermarket shaft, if and when I need them.
TO BAD YOU'RE SO FAR AWAY. I'D TAKE IT. THANKS THOUGH I'LL GET MYSELF ONE
Old 09-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JEEP THRILLS
has anybody put the auto trans skid on a manual jk. can't see why it wouldn't fit. it would also protect the exhaust cross over pipe.
Yes, i gave my auto tranny skid to dyolfknip last year, he bolted it right up in the parking lot, if he ever had an issue with it he never said so.

Quick Reply: stock trans skid???