Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Street Ride with 35" Tires

Old 06-19-2007, 07:29 AM
gcg
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Ride with 35" Tires

I just bought a 2007 Rubicon 2 door. I am very pleased with the ride and handling on the street. I'm getting ready to add 35" tires, a 3" or 3.5" lift, 4.88 gears and driveshafts. I'm leaning towards the RE lift kit.

I'm interested in how a setup similar to this rides and handles on the street. I'm interested in the ride quality, handling and performance (acceleration and deceleration) and any tendency for vibrations or other "quirks". If anyone has a similar setup and could help out, I'd appreciate it, particularly if it can be compared to the stock Rubicon ride.

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

im riding on 35's and it drives fine, but i do have the unlimited, which is longer so it handles big tires a little easier as far as absorbing vibrations and all

i have skyjacker coils up front and rear tera spacers, riding on the stock rubi shocks, it feel like it did when it was stock, but is a litle heavier then stock becuase of the big tires, the gears did help and so did the bolt on power mods
Old 06-19-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

unlimited with Superlift 4", 35 Radial claws on 15's and it rides better than stock. I notice no "serious" power loss

Quick Reply: Street Ride with 35" Tires