Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stuck on a Quadratec Winch Install

Old 10-01-2014, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck on a Quadratec Winch Install

Running into some trouble with my Quadratec 9500is winch install. Two quick questions for those more knowledgable that I (99% of you):

1. How the heck am I supposed to tighten this Rampage winch plate onto the Rampage Front Recovery Bumper? These bolts are nearly impossible to get to, much less get any torque on!

2. My 4 year old helper seems to have misplaced the bolt that attaches the winch line to the winch drum (had to be removed to feed the line through the fairlead). Quadratec has offered to sell me a replacement for $6.98, but would not just tell me what size bolt it is so I can just run to Ace Hardware and get one for $0.25. Anyone know what size that bolt or screw would be? It's sole purpose is to hold the line to the drum - it doesn't support any weight or pressure.

Pictures of problem #1 attached:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivers Side.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	578055

Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger Side Front.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	578056[

ATTACH=CONFIG]578057[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger Side Rear.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	578057  

Last edited by jdschup; 10-01-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:49 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jordan Schupbach
Running into some trouble with my Quadratec 9500is winch install. Two quick questions for those more knowledgable that I (99% of you):
Oh well, that leave me out.. I must be the 1%.. hey 1% is better than no%
Old 10-01-2014, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I do not know about the drum screw. As far the bolts to attach the winch plate to the bumper, it looks like the plastic filler between the grille and the bumper is still in place. I would remove that and consider just leaving it off.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I put my bumper and winch on(not rampage but after market none the less) I attached the winch to the bumper first to save some headache..

Sent from my iPhone 5s
Old 10-01-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

As for issue number two; just go get a few that are about the same size. You'll spend like $2 tops and then have a couple extra bolts to throw in the bolt can!!

Sent from my iPhone 5s
Old 10-01-2014, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ob269
When I put my bumper and winch on(not rampage but after market none the less) I attached the winch to the bumper first to save some headache.
Yeah, I think you're right. Going to have to take the bumper off to get to that one (rear passenger). I still won't be able to get a torque wrench and socket on it, so I think I'll just pull as hard as I can on a wrench and cross my fingers.

Regarding the bolt, I went to Ace Hardware. They let me grab a bolt, run to the parking lot, test on winch, repeat until I found it. Only cost me 40 cents!
Old 10-01-2014, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty chickenshit that they wouldn't give you the bolt size. Nice to see you got it worked out.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
Pretty chickenshit that they wouldn't give you the bolt size. Nice to see you got it worked out.
Yeah, weird. Not sure what that was all about.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:34 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two suggestions.. seeing how I'm 1%.. might I suggest that you call quadratec.. and if that doesn't pan out.. then contact rampage.. seems you're using both of these items and one would figure that are supposed to work together.. and I did noticed quadratec having a vendors tag within the forums.. Might have to wait till the morning to make some sort of official statement.

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 10-02-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about these troubles!

Regarding the mounting, it's absolutely easier to install the winch to the bumper, then install the bumper to the Jeep. I recommend a second set of strong arms to help with the install as it will be heavy!

For the bolt, I can e-mail my engineering team to obtain the specs on it, but it seems you were able to source one.

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Thanks and have a great day!

-Rick

Quick Reply: Stuck on a Quadratec Winch Install