Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for rear upper control arms.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for rear upper control arms.

Hey guys, hava a small issue and I figured I'd get some opinions. My JKU has a 4.5" Trailmaster suspension lift and has all 8 adjustable control arms. The issue I have is that one of my rear upper control arms broke. What happened is the flex joint at one end ripped the threads out of the control arm. So now the control arm moves back and forth on the threaded shaft of the flex joint everytime the axle torques with acceleration or braking.
The problem is that Trailmaster was very recently purchased and no parts appear available till the product line gets re-launched. I'm going to a buddy of mine's shop tomorrow where we are going to weld my flex joint in place so atleast it will be driveable. The good thing is both ends are adjustable so I will only lose the adjustability on one end.
I'm considering not waiting till Trailmaster gets parts available and just purchasing a new set of rear upper control arms and would like to know what other members would suggest.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Suggestions for rear upper control arms.