Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

summer top vs frameless soft top

Old 06-12-2016, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default summer top vs frameless soft top

I'm looking into buying a soft top for the summer time so I can take it on and off a lot easier than the hard top my self. I was first looking into the summer tops with tonno cover, the reason I like this is I can take the whole top off and still have the tonno cover to protect my sub and what ever else I have in the back. My only concern with these is with it all on how water proof is it. I leave jeep outside most of time so will it be water proof enough to leave out. That's is one reason I was looking at the frameless soft tops because I think they will be more water proof and durable to leave out side in the elements. Plus i love the look of the fastback top compared to the normal soft top. The brands I was looking at are quadratec Bimini top for the summer top and the quadratec quadratop adventure top s. Here are the links to them
QuadraTop® Bimini Top Plus, Clearview Windstopper & Tonno Cover Combo in Black Diamond for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec
QuadraTop 11113 1335 - QuadraTop® Adventure Top S with EZ Fold Sunroof for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec
What experiences have you guys had with these types of tops and which do you suggest to buy. I'm leaning towards the frameless top but like the price of the summer top. Thanks
Old 06-12-2016, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the Bimini top would be nothing short of a complete disaster for you given your expected use. Rain, critters, neighborhood hellion kids. All would enjoy wreaking havoc on your interior. The other one looks better. I have the Bestop Trektop NX and it's quiet, light and very easy to convert to just a bikini top
Old 06-13-2016, 01:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If budget is not a problem, go with Bestop NX. Others are happy with their Spiderweb Shades.

Quick Reply: summer top vs frameless soft top