Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

superchips or bullydog?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

[QUOTE=AK4Dave;2204730]One thing to think about for us auto owners......the Bullydog costs a little more than the Flashpaq, but the bully dog allows you to adjust the tranny shifting. As far as I know you have to buy this separately for $50 from SC.

If it does everything the Flaspaq does and more, it seems it would be worth the extra bucks. Just the fact that it has that damn cool real time monitor seems to be well worth it to me.

I guess it's time for Northridge to start carrying it....HEAR THAT
DAVID...???!!! [/QUOTE

X2...David???
Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boboborino
why would one want to lock in 2wd
Tighter turning radius, like between obstacles.

I thought Superchips gave up on the JK long ago, the support team certainly did. If I didn't own a Superchips Flashpaq already I would look at the new players Bullydog, Diablo etc. The Superchips dynasty / monopoly is over. If I could get some money out of the one I own I would change in a heart beat.

Last edited by Jollydodger; 04-03-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pat Vigeant
I have purchased and installed the Bullydog Programmer on my 2008 JK

It is a very nice unit. The gauge function is very nice, I have mine set on Trans Temp, Collant Temp, Voltage and Throttle perctange.

The tunning is easy to use. The only thing that it does not do is make changes for gearing, but all you have to do is some simple math and change the percantage on the speedo setting.

I have an X model and the sway bar disconnect works great. I have had some problems with the locker programmering. I can get the Locker feature to work but have a hard time getting it to disconnect.

Pat
Wait, so you can't adjust the speedo for new gears but you can do all that other stuff?? That's pretty lame.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Pat Vigeant
I have an X model and the sway bar disconnect works great. I have had some problems with the locker programmering. I can get the Locker feature to work but have a hard time getting it to disconnect.

Pat
You need the Rubicon model for e-locker operation and electronic sway bar disconnect. I assume you have installed the MOPAR swaybar disconnect system, but don't have elockers installed.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default bulldog or volant best bang for the buck

I want to get a little more power what do you think the air intake or the bulldog they are about the same.price
Old 04-03-2011, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

A programmer is going to buy you more power than an exhaust or intake.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryanmiranda
I want to get a little more power what do you think the air intake or the bulldog they are about the same.price
air intake only gives you little power compared to a programmer. also the bully dog has real time monitoring and many other features.

just bought mine yesterday so i will post about it when it arrives
Old 04-03-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys I think I will go with the bully dog I will order it todaywhat is the best price to buy?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone who formerly ran a superchips running the Bullydog? Just wondering if it would be worth the swap, I am happy with the superchips but if there was more performance out of the bullydog I might go for it, real time monitoring would be nice but I already have a scanguage II hooked up.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryanmiranda
Thanks guys I think I will go with the bully dog I will order it todaywhat is the best price to buy?
as stated before truck customizer.com. its 354 with free shipping. everywhere else is no less than 399

Quick Reply: superchips or bullydog?