Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchips Flashcal F5 ignition software issue

Old 05-05-2017, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Flashcal F5 ignition software issue

I just bought a Superchips Flashcal F5 and when I connect my device to my PC the ignition software doesnt recognize my device. My computer can see the device because it opens windows manager and lets me browse files on the device. Is anybody else having this issue?
Old 05-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Give the guys at Superchips a call, they can help walk you through any issues.

888-227-2447
Old 05-06-2017, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ended up just hooking it up to my jeep and did what I needed to do without the update. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

What version of Windows? The ignition SW does not work on Windows 10. I'm unsure if 8.1. Win 7 for sure works.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was using my fiancee's computer which is running windows 8 i believe.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chewmeista
I just bought a Superchips Flashcal F5 and when I connect my device to my PC the ignition software doesnt recognize my device. My computer can see the device because it opens windows manager and lets me browse files on the device. Is anybody else having this issue?
Just checking..... So you did go to the superchips site, download, and then install the software first, correct?

I ask because I just got mine yesterday and initially just plugged it in to the computer to see what it would do. It acted just as you described. Then I read the little booklet and followed its directions to download and install the software, run the software, then plug in the device. It worked great (on Windows 10, BTW). After checking, the software reported my device was up-to-date.

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashcal F5 ignition software issue