Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips flashpaq and Factory transponder key

Old 04-24-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips flashpaq and Factory transponder key

I've done searches and couldn't find much.
I was at my dealership yesterday. The parts manager has been ordering all my aftermarket parts because I get a discount. I asked him about the Flashpaq. He said that there could be issues between the flashpaq and the Factory transponder key for the ignition. He ran my VIN and said something about my Jeep having a generic computer.
Does any of this make sense to anybody?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:24 PM
JK Junkie

Is "generic computer" similar to the white can at the grocery store that has the label FOOD on it?

Your sales guy is full of it, whether he is just inept or something more sinister is up to you.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't know what he means but your computer is the same as the dozens of us running that programmer. If you're worried about your programming simply take 5 minutes and set back to factory specs before taking it in if you have a service appointment.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

I have a flashpaq. I have only programed one of the preloaded options (I think it was simply the 87 Octane setting) plus re-calibrated the speedometer. I intend to also set for new gears and allow me to use front lockers in 4Hi. If I want to reset before I take the jeep in to the shop and want to reset to factory will each of the advanced options (e.g. gears, speedo and lockers) be reset by simply selecting return to stock or do I have to do some of these separately. Someone told me you had to manually reset any advanced options. I haven't read the entire manual yet.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Just select - return to stock.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPop
Is "generic computer" similar to the white can at the grocery store that has the label FOOD on it?

Your sales guy is full of it, whether he is just inept or something more sinister is up to you.
LOL, did I laugh!!!

FOOD! HAHAHA!!!

Quick Reply: Superchips flashpaq and Factory transponder key