Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Flashpaq for JK, Initial Impressions

Old 05-07-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps even better, I can set mine back to stock and you can program yours for a brief run and take me for a ride. However you want to roll is fine by me.

Send me a PM!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default TPMS for '08?

Hi Everyone,

I thought I read that Superchips included the ability to change the TPMS settings. But, I talked with someone who purchased the unit and doesn't have that capability.

Is this a feature that will be available via an update in the future?

Thanks

Jeff
Old 05-08-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeff09
Hi Everyone,

I thought I read that Superchips included the ability to change the TPMS settings. But, I talked with someone who purchased the unit and doesn't have that capability.

Is this a feature that will be available via an update in the future?

Thanks

Jeff
I just talked to superchips, and they said its in the works, but they are having issues with it and its not currently working...
Old 05-08-2009, 08:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will the Flashpaq 3875s read auto tranny Temp ??
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got mine for an awesome price (shhh less than tres)

really fast install no problems yet but, I haven't run the jk yet so, I'll see

okay, so I just drove home on the freeway and WOW. major difference with the chip. no regrets at all!

Last edited by Jmacaws; 05-08-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:13 AM
JK Junkie

I forgot to say thanks to the guys who posted the update info, so Thanks!

Updated, reprogrammed, jeep starts, life is good.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just hit the "checkout" button to buy mine from Northridge. Kind of hurt to pay $30 sales tax since I live in WA, but figured it was worth it since he is a forum supporter.

Anything I should know, or words of advice, before I start the install? Once I receive it, I'll probably be back on with questions for all of you.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default To mash or not to mash, the skinny pedal

After having my Superchips Flashpaq installed for almost a week now, one of my initial impressions is how much I now have the choice either to mash the skinny pedal or not to mash it. Before, routine tasks like a green light turning to yellow and getting onto the interstate that is a 65 mph zone, simply required me to mash the skinny. Now I can simply press the skinny (not all the way down) and accomplish the same task. I really see it on the interstate, whereas before I really had to mash it to get up to speed and merge with traffic, yet now I can behave a bit more civilized (or not ).

I don't, or won't, know any fuel savings numbers during this tank full because I can't help but mash the skinny just for the fun of it. But is very nice to now have the option of when I mash it.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Sunburst-Kid
After having my Superchips Flashpaq installed for almost a week now, one of my initial impressions is how much I now have the choice either to mash the skinny pedal or not to mash it. Before, routine tasks like a green light turning to yellow and getting onto the interstate that is a 65 mph zone, simply required me to mash the skinny. Now I can simply press the skinny (not all the way down) and accomplish the same task. I really see it on the interstate, whereas before I really had to mash it to get up to speed and merge with traffic, yet now I can behave a bit more civilized (or not ).

I don't, or won't, know any fuel savings numbers during this tank full because I can't help but mash the skinny just for the fun of it. But is very nice to now have the option of when I mash it.
Yes.......I too seem to want to hit the "skinny" a bit more since I installed mine. Just taking off now and look down and see I'm already going over 60...and that's really not even hitting it hard at all. I know it's got more poop since it doesn't downshift now as much in the usual hilly areas. I can't give an honest mpg either as once you mash it to pass somebody, that pretty much blows the "good" mpgs away. BUT.....I do know for sure that I'm getting a bit better than 300 miles per tank.....and that's mashing it a few times. I'll try and keep my foot off of it and get a real mpg soon.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got mine today. I only put a couple miles on it. But I noticed right away the driveability was better.

For anyone else with a 6 speed... Did you notice a big difference in throttle tip-in? I over slipped the clutch the first couple times taking off because it seems like the throttle is more responsive right at tip-in.

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq for JK, Initial Impressions