Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

superchips help

Old 09-23-2009, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchips help

i installed the extra packs but it still shows like i havent installed and my light came on
Old 09-23-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deekum1627
i installed the extra packs but it still shows like i havent installed and my light came on
Redo the upgrade to your super chips from the website and then go into the advanced options to tpms and it will have a toggle option. Takes upgrading twice for some reason but it worked for me..
Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default A Little Help

Originally Posted by mvmarketer
Redo the upgrade to your super chips from the website and then go into the advanced options to tpms and it will have a toggle option. Takes upgrading twice for some reason but it worked for me..
Hi mvmarketer,

I have the same problem. I have updated my programmer twice, and still have no toggle.

I will try it again... but, I am less than impressed with Superchips' procedures. They really do need a manual that walks people through step-by-step. I still don't know when I should unplug the controller from the OBD-II port.

I will try the update one more time. (One thing I noticed this last time is that I wasn't asked to agree to the terms... It made me wonder if something had been changed at Superchips.)

I will report back.

Jeff
Old 09-23-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeff09
Hi mvmarketer,

I have the same problem. I have updated my programmer twice, and still have no toggle.

I will try it again... but, I am less than impressed with Superchips' procedures. They really do need a manual that walks people through step-by-step. I still don't know when I should unplug the controller from the OBD-II port.

I will try the update one more time. (One thing I noticed this last time is that I wasn't asked to agree to the terms... It made me wonder if something had been changed at Superchips.)

I will report back.

Jeff
Thats wierd about agreeing to terms. I was asked both times but not on the advanced options. I agree with you on the manual or better step by step on the screen itself. When I'm not sure what it's doing I turn the key off, unplug it and then simply go back in and double check my settings. It has always been correct even when I wasn't sure when to unplug it. After downloading go to additional features/options and then to tire pressure, in the list is TPMS toggle. Good Luck

Last edited by CTNEDGE; 09-23-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Doesn't Work

Originally Posted by mvmarketer
Thats wierd about agreeing to terms. I was asked both times but not on the advanced options. I agree with you on the manual or better step by step on the screen itself. When I'm not sure what it's doing I turn the key off, unplug it and then simply go back in and double check my settings. It has always been correct even when I wasn't sure when to unplug it.
Hi Again,

I can't get it to work.

I have tried it several times... I guess I expected something a little more well thought out.

Anyone else been able to get this to work?

Jeff
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Maybe It's Just Me...

Hi Again,

I think all is now good with the TPMS disabling feature.

Maybe it's just me; but, when I was given the option for the Offroad feature (while updating), and there were two options, with disable listed in the second one, I thought that meant that I would be disabling the TPMS system for offroad.

I ran the update again, and this time I selected the Offroad option, without the disable reference.

When I hooked the controller up to the JK, and went into Advanced, Tire Pressure, I did find the option to "disable" the TPMS system. I saved the setting and let the Jeep idle for a few minutes... No warning light.

I guess I was confused by the disable reference on the update screen because it didn't make much sense to be disabling the disabler feature. Go figure.

Unless I screwed something up, this may make it a little easier for those of you who like things expressed clearly:

To allow disabling of the TPMS system when the programmer is connected to the JK:

1. Run the update program for the programmer via the computer USB port.
2. Once the update is complete and the three options are listed (Data Acquisition, TPMS Offroad, and TPMS Offroad (disable)), select the Offroad option (the one without the disable reference). Agree to the terms. Unplug the programmer when prompted.
3. Plug the programmer into the JK data port.
4. Once the communication stops, find your way to Advanced Options, Tire Pressure, and then to the item which references disabling the TPMS system. (Turn the ignition on when prompted.) Work your way through the prompts, and then exit, saving your changes. (I use the left arrow key to move back through the menus.) Turn off the ignition. Unplug the programmer.

Next time I do this in the Jeep, I will write down the exact steps, and the exact wording of messages and prompts. Some of the ones above may be a little off; but, in the absence of a good manual, they should get you through the process.

Good Luck

Jeff
Old 09-23-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

ill try it again and let you know what happends, but when i update again will the option i chose go away
Old 09-23-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Jedi

I had to update about 4 times to get the toggle off
Old 09-23-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

i just updated again but those options are still there wtf
Old 09-23-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

do use their phone support if you continue to have issues ... took them 7 days to get my programmer working with my jeep but they kept at it.

Quick Reply: superchips help