Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sway Bar Link Question

Old 01-03-2013, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar Link Question

I've read on the forum where it is possible to run the rear links on the front sway bar. I have a 3" level lift on the front & 2" on rear. It's a Pro Comp kit & did not come with adjustable links, only coil spring & shock spacers & all the other necessary brackets. My question is should I install adjustable links or use the rear on front and just purchase the rear adjustable links?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get links for a 2.5 lift and put them in. Did you extend your brake lines.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What r u driving? Do u have a sway bar disconnect? If not, do you want to be able to do that?

The answer to your question is a bit difficult without knowing what you have and what u may want to do.

Last edited by silversurfer575; 01-03-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

I was going to extend my brake lines when I install the extended links. I had read on this forum about bad experiences with the disco sway bar links coming apart so I'll probably be installing the fixed ones & relocating my steering stablizer above the bar. The rear links look to be about 3" longer & might work on the fronts then I would just need to buy extended rear ones.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default SImple answer

Yes you can install the rear sway bar links in the front. If you get an AEV lift this is what they tell you to do in the instructions. You need to make sure you use all the same parts for the rear links when you move them to the front (bolts/nuts). I ended up replacing mine with JKS quick disconnects after a few months anyway, felt it was too tedious to unbolt them every time.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

I have 305/17 tires with 4.5 backspace on my 12' JKU, will the tires rub the fenders with the extended links installed in full flex?

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Link Question