Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sway bar problems

Old 05-23-2019, 01:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bar problems

Hi guys, I'm sorta kinda a newbie. I've learned lots since I got my Jeep last August. I installed my own lift kit, put new axle U joints, installed after market bumper, and replaced the motor for my window (nothing to boast about haha). Mine JK is a 2015 and I love it. I took it to Moab for EJS I had a blast, but when i went to go use my Teraflex physical cheap color copies near me disconnects the sway bar link bolts were hitting the spring seat on my passengers side. It doesnt make sense to me because the sway bar is bolted on the frame how could the drives side clear the seat but on the passengers side not, arent they same length in theory? I've took and hammer to it and tried to get it to clear but no luck. It almost looks like its hitting the seat when just driving normal as I hit bumps and pushes that link into the seat. What should I do guys.......

Last edited by Wilson Hajmola; 10-03-2019 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:23 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Picture? The sway bar runs through bushings, and although the bushings are bolted to the frame with brackets, that sway bar does have a little potential to slide a bit through the bushing itself. If you measured passenger side v.s driver's side, does the bar itself appear to be perfectly centered?

Did you travel from "India" to EJS??
Old 05-27-2019, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine was doing the same recently. Adjusted the upper control arms a bit and now I have plenty of clearance.

Quick Reply: Sway bar problems