JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   SwayBar JKS disconnect Choices (Quicker or Fixed) (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/swaybar-jks-disconnect-choices-quicker-fixed-291896/)

Mbogan 12-08-2013 06:02 AM

SwayBar JKS disconnect Choices (Quicker or Fixed)

I am looking to add some swaybar discconects to my 12 JKU. I am running 35s with 2.5 AEV lift. After reading a number of posts I have settled on JKS as the vendor, but need to decide between the JKS Quicker Disconnects or the JKS JSPEC Front Fixed Lengths. Is there an advantage to going either way?

I have read a couple posts that the JKS Quicker Disconnects NEED to be diconnected in ALL wheeling conditions or they may break, would that be true of a Fixed length? The fixed look more stable since there isnt a weak point to increase length.

Any suggestions would help. Thanks!!

TJM12 12-08-2013 06:17 AM

You want adjustable so as your build changes you'll have the flexibility to make adjustments.

JKRVEE 12-08-2013 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mbogan (Post 3779157)
I am looking to add some swaybar discconects to my 12 JKU. I am running 35s with 2.5 AEV lift. After reading a number of posts I have settled on JKS as the vendor, but need to decide between the JKS Quicker Disconnects or the JKS JSPEC Front Fixed Lengths. Is there an advantage to going either way? I have read a couple posts that the JKS Quicker Disconnects NEED to be diconnected in ALL wheeling conditions or they may break, would that be true of a Fixed length? The fixed look more stable since there isnt a weak point to increase length. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!!

Spend another $250 and get the Currie Antirock.

Mbogan 12-08-2013 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by JKRVEE (Post 3779183)
Spend another $250 and get the Currie Antirock.

These do look solid!! However, this is for my daily driver with mild (not extreme) off road use. There is possibility of more body roll with these according to manufacturer. Very cool though!

Mbogan 12-08-2013 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by TJM12 (Post 3779168)
You want adjustable so as your build changes you'll have the flexibility to make adjustments.

Yea, that seems to be the advantage, but am I sacrificing strength for convenience? If I decide to go bigger, than I will spend the extra $$ to swap these out if it makes sense to go fixed length.

Also, I just saw the Warrior Product disconnects to. Are they equivalent to JKS?

TJM12 12-08-2013 06:53 AM

The JkS quicker disconnects are super stout and very strong, more so than they even need to be. You won't have any issues, tons of people run them on here and only have positive things to say about them.

Mbogan 12-08-2013 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by TJM12 (Post 3779201)
The JkS quicker disconnects are super stout and very strong, more so than they even need to be. You won't have any issues, tons of people run them on here and only have positive things to say about them.

That is pretty much what I have been reading. I havent seen really anyone using the Fixed length. Thanks!!