Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SwayBar JKS disconnect Choices (Quicker or Fixed)

Old 12-08-2013, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SwayBar JKS disconnect Choices (Quicker or Fixed)

I am looking to add some swaybar discconects to my 12 JKU. I am running 35s with 2.5 AEV lift. After reading a number of posts I have settled on JKS as the vendor, but need to decide between the JKS Quicker Disconnects or the JKS JSPEC Front Fixed Lengths. Is there an advantage to going either way?

I have read a couple posts that the JKS Quicker Disconnects NEED to be diconnected in ALL wheeling conditions or they may break, would that be true of a Fixed length? The fixed look more stable since there isnt a weak point to increase length.

Any suggestions would help. Thanks!!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:17 AM
JK Super Freak

You want adjustable so as your build changes you'll have the flexibility to make adjustments.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbogan
I am looking to add some swaybar discconects to my 12 JKU. I am running 35s with 2.5 AEV lift. After reading a number of posts I have settled on JKS as the vendor, but need to decide between the JKS Quicker Disconnects or the JKS JSPEC Front Fixed Lengths. Is there an advantage to going either way? I have read a couple posts that the JKS Quicker Disconnects NEED to be diconnected in ALL wheeling conditions or they may break, would that be true of a Fixed length? The fixed look more stable since there isnt a weak point to increase length. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!!
Spend another $250 and get the Currie Antirock.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKRVEE
Spend another $250 and get the Currie Antirock.
These do look solid!! However, this is for my daily driver with mild (not extreme) off road use. There is possibility of more body roll with these according to manufacturer. Very cool though!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJM12
You want adjustable so as your build changes you'll have the flexibility to make adjustments.
Yea, that seems to be the advantage, but am I sacrificing strength for convenience? If I decide to go bigger, than I will spend the extra $$ to swap these out if it makes sense to go fixed length.

Also, I just saw the Warrior Product disconnects to. Are they equivalent to JKS?
Old 12-08-2013, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

The JkS quicker disconnects are super stout and very strong, more so than they even need to be. You won't have any issues, tons of people run them on here and only have positive things to say about them.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJM12
The JkS quicker disconnects are super stout and very strong, more so than they even need to be. You won't have any issues, tons of people run them on here and only have positive things to say about them.
That is pretty much what I have been reading. I havent seen really anyone using the Fixed length. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: SwayBar JKS disconnect Choices (Quicker or Fixed)