JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Synergy Drag Link Question (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/synergy-drag-link-question-292062/)

aaronstephen 12-10-2013 11:41 AM

Synergy Drag Link Question

does anyone know if I can install the synergy drag link for there high steer kit in the oem position? I do not need to flip it at this time.

k0260 12-10-2013 11:44 AM

Yes you can. I have mine in the OE position.:thumbsup:

4wdave 12-10-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by k0260 (Post 3781133)
Yes you can. I have mine in the OE position.:thumbsup:

X2. Really tightened up the front end along with the Synergy tie rod.

nthinuf 12-10-2013 11:49 AM

You could probably even find some more information in the 'other' synergy drag link in stock position thread a bit further down here on this first page. :wink:

I don't remember the dates I started buying synergy components, but I think I ran the drag link in stock position for about a year and a half while getting around to adding the tie rod and trackbar, then finally adding the bracket and flipping.

k0260 12-10-2013 12:21 PM

For install reference, depending on length of your shocks, you won't want to flip for a high steer. With the long shocks I run, I'm stuck with a high steer bracket and synergy drag adapter sleeve not being used because my track bar would hit the frame. Could avoid this with longer bump stops, but I wanted to keep the longer travel.

aaronstephen 12-10-2013 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by k0260 (Post 3781158)
For install reference, depending on length of your shocks, you won't want to flip for a high steer. With the long shocks I run, I'm stuck with a high steer bracket and synergy drag adapter sleeve not being used because my track bar would hit the frame. Could avoid this with longer bump stops, but I wanted to keep the longer travel.

If I buy this drag link let me know if you'd be willing to sell your brackets. I may be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k0260 12-10-2013 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by aaronstephen (Post 3781161)
If I buy this drag link let me know if you'd be willing to sell your brackets. I may be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure thing! I'm holding on to them for now, but that may change.:D

rt chips 12-10-2013 01:57 PM

Did you get your drag link installed? I dont mean to hi-jack your thread. Im in the process of installing this, but have no experience. I have both sides in and am trying to tighten the jam nut but the drag link bend seems to swing down and hit the tie rod. Am i missing something. Thanks in advance.

k0260 12-10-2013 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by rt chips (Post 3781229)
Did you get your drag link installed? I dont mean to hi-jack your thread. Im in the process of installing this, but have no experience. I have both sides in and am trying to tighten the jam nut but the drag link bend seems to swing down and hit the tie rod. Am i missing something. Thanks in advance.

A third hand will really help. Have someone hold tool of your choice on the joint, you hold the drag link with your right hand and tighten jam nut with left. I used a C clamp to hold the joint straight while I tightened up the jam nut. Maybe give that a shot.

rt chips 12-10-2013 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by k0260 (Post 3781231)
A third hand will really help. Have someone hold tool of your choice on the joint, you hold the drag link with your right hand and tighten jam nut with left. I used a C clamp to hold the joint straight while I tightened up the jam nut. Maybe give that a shot.

I am not quite sure what you mean by joint. I do have a C clamp. Im still at work but wondering now. Is there a jam nut on each side? The one that I was trying to tighten was the one by the pitman arm. I am horrible at this:doh:! I might have to go find a joint to smoke after this!