Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy Drag Link Question

Old 12-10-2013, 11:41 AM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy Drag Link Question

does anyone know if I can install the synergy drag link for there high steer kit in the oem position? I do not need to flip it at this time.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes you can. I have mine in the OE position.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by k0260
Yes you can. I have mine in the OE position.
X2. Really tightened up the front end along with the Synergy tie rod.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You could probably even find some more information in the 'other' synergy drag link in stock position thread a bit further down here on this first page.

I don't remember the dates I started buying synergy components, but I think I ran the drag link in stock position for about a year and a half while getting around to adding the tie rod and trackbar, then finally adding the bracket and flipping.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi

For install reference, depending on length of your shocks, you won't want to flip for a high steer. With the long shocks I run, I'm stuck with a high steer bracket and synergy drag adapter sleeve not being used because my track bar would hit the frame. Could avoid this with longer bump stops, but I wanted to keep the longer travel.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:27 PM
-

For install reference, depending on length of your shocks, you won't want to flip for a high steer. With the long shocks I run, I'm stuck with a high steer bracket and synergy drag adapter sleeve not being used because my track bar would hit the frame. Could avoid this with longer bump stops, but I wanted to keep the longer travel.
If I buy this drag link let me know if you'd be willing to sell your brackets. I may be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by aaronstephen
If I buy this drag link let me know if you'd be willing to sell your brackets. I may be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sure thing! I'm holding on to them for now, but that may change.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Did you get your drag link installed? I dont mean to hi-jack your thread. Im in the process of installing this, but have no experience. I have both sides in and am trying to tighten the jam nut but the drag link bend seems to swing down and hit the tie rod. Am i missing something. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:04 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by rt chips
Did you get your drag link installed? I dont mean to hi-jack your thread. Im in the process of installing this, but have no experience. I have both sides in and am trying to tighten the jam nut but the drag link bend seems to swing down and hit the tie rod. Am i missing something. Thanks in advance.
A third hand will really help. Have someone hold tool of your choice on the joint, you hold the drag link with your right hand and tighten jam nut with left. I used a C clamp to hold the joint straight while I tightened up the jam nut. Maybe give that a shot.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

A third hand will really help. Have someone hold tool of your choice on the joint, you hold the drag link with your right hand and tighten jam nut with left. I used a C clamp to hold the joint straight while I tightened up the jam nut. Maybe give that a shot.
I am not quite sure what you mean by joint. I do have a C clamp. Im still at work but wondering now. Is there a jam nut on each side? The one that I was trying to tighten was the one by the pitman arm. I am horrible at this! I might have to go find a joint to smoke after this!

Quick Reply: Synergy Drag Link Question