Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Synergy Drag Link -- Wheel Won't Adjust Properly

Old 04-18-2014, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update!!!

To conclude my ordeal with the Synergy drag link . . .

The dealership aligned my Jeep. The culprit was NOT the drag link, but my track bar. I did not have the adjuster sleeve of my track bar torqued down tight enough; thus, it was twisting as I was turning and messing everything up. HOWEVER . . .

While driving home I had some steering wheel shimmy around 40mph, which was all too similar to my preluding symptoms that led to death wobble nearly a year ago. So once I got home, I took a look at things, torqued the castle nut on my passenger side knuckle from 50lbs to 55lbs and now the shimmy is gone. The Jeep is driving great. IN FACT . . .

Even though I did not go through with the flip just yet -- merely stock location -- my steering is nice and tight and I do recommend the Synergy drag link. It's a beast. I am actually humbly relieved to conclude that my problems were installer error problems, no problems with the actual product. I do have one TIP . . .

When installing the drag link, install it first and then pump in the grease. Initially, I had pumped in grease and then tightened the castle nuts, all of that grease gushed out and actually popped my boots from the tie rods. The fix was messy but simple. I just took some needle nose pliers, carefully put the boots back over the end joints, and then placed the spring over the lip of the end joints. Problem solved.

All is good

Quick Reply: Synergy Drag Link -- Wheel Won't Adjust Properly