Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synthetic Rope Hook

Old 07-23-2007, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthetic Rope Hook

I just got my Amsteel rope in and all spooled on what kind of hooks are yall using. I didnt buy one I though a local hardware store might have somthing for me but i guess not, So my question is what size hook and style are yall using pics would be nice too Thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

I like the basic Masterpull hook, I sell it with all of the winch ropes because they said it has better life span when in all weather conditions. They said that some owner neglect can cause the other (self locking) hook to possibly rust over time and become hard to use.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

My brother just got a new rope and it came with a safty thimble on the end, no hook needed, you just slip it over tow hooks, or use a d-ring when hooking to a tree saver.
Its nice that it doesnt pull through the fair lead and risk chewing up fingers

Quick Reply: Synthetic Rope Hook