Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" coil lift

Old 02-12-2010, 08:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5" coil lift

This may sound like a stupid question but I just installed my Teraflex 2.5" coil lift and in the directions it says to "Remove the clips that secure the ABS wiring harness to the upper control arm mount" but...it never says to reattach it or stick it where the sun don't shine or just let it hang ......anyone have an idea what to do?...also it says "Remove the bracket that holds the parking brake cables to the body " but it never says what to do with them either....I really don't like the idea of these cables and wiring just hanging . Am I just beng too stupid to figure out that you reattach them or is it because of the lift they WON'T be able to be reattached???.....all comments welcomed
Old 02-12-2010, 09:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have to get slack in those lines, I loosely ziptied mine to the brakeline after getting slack . You'll want to flex it out to make sure nothing is too tight. Parking brake cables just hang, you'll be fine.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07crawler
This may sound like a stupid question but I just installed my Teraflex 2.5" coil lift and in the directions it says to "Remove the clips that secure the ABS wiring harness to the upper control arm mount" but...it never says to reattach it or stick it where the sun don't shine or just let it hang ......anyone have an idea what to do?...also it says "Remove the bracket that holds the parking brake cables to the body " but it never says what to do with them either....I really don't like the idea of these cables and wiring just hanging . Am I just beng too stupid to figure out that you reattach them or is it because of the lift they WON'T be able to be reattached???.....all comments welcomed
I also just finished this lift today.

I left my ABS wiring "clips" disconnected.

I left the emergency brake cable bracket disconnected as well. I haven't had a chance to test out the articulation, but I assume it needs the slack for additional lift/flex. I may zip tie them as mkjeep mentioned.

I don't know if its correct though.. directions didn't say to re-attach.

Last edited by tw!sted; 02-12-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

You can get a couple more inches slack from the front of the lines too with a little wd-40, unclip the rubber mounts and slide them taking slack from where the connect. Remember, by the brakelines, LOOSELY ziptie them just so they're not wagging in the breeze.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

My directions did say to reattach park brake bracket. Did lift last week. So that's what I did. Didn't mess with abs sensors wiring at all other than the x-mas tree plug on upper/inner shroud. I did disconnect those for install, but also loosely re-installed them to hold, yet pull out if need be during articulation. From what I could tell, with track bar installed, there was not enough articulation to cause issues.

I probly wouldn't leave park brake bracket hanging, but that's just me. And evidently others have w/o issues.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by rbuckenmeyer

I probly wouldn't leave park brake bracket hanging, but that's just me. And evidently others have w/o issues.
Mines been hangin 2 yrs, no issues
Old 02-13-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

well I rehung the emergency brake but left the ABS wiring hanging against my better judgement
Old 02-14-2010, 05:55 AM
JK Junkie

Agree...Leave them loose, you'll need the slack with the increased suspension travel.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

For the parking brake:

I went to the hardware store and got some 3 inch threaded nuts. Put some loctite on them and threaded them on the studs on the body. Then bolted the original brake line bracket to the threaded nuts. Its kept them in place, lowered the lines for the lift and seems to be working fine.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" coil lift